So No NFC or wireless charging? :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
NFC is catching on in major markets, but it's still not anywhere near wide spread enough to be a game changer (for me anyways). I can't deny that it would be cool to have the feature on the iPhone, but there's no way I personally would ever consider a device with that being a deal breaker, it's still not wide spread enough (even in the markets where it has caught on...hell, it's all over Atlanta, but the good ol' debit card is still the more convenient option).

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Remember last year when all these people said NFC would be a house hold tech and significantly more common every where? lol...guess we need to wait another year to this NFC really catch on? I'm all good personally.

Wireless charging still requires a charging plate, so to me, it's still not different than a usb cord, maybe even a little less convenient considering the usb cord is adaptable in so many places vs. the wireless charging plates (IE: car, plane, boat, desk, TV, etc).

Honestly I don't even see what the big deal is with ANY phone having NFC, since it's not widely adopted and is supported in very limited places anyway.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
No wireless charging but at least there will be a dock! Personally I find plopping a device in a dock to be equally satisfying (I tried Touchstone on a Palm Pre). I'll probably pick a dock up at some time during ownership.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Nokia Lumia 920, I actually didn't think I needed wireless charging until I actually started to use it. It is a nice way of charging and I like how I don't have to plug in any wires. Once you start using it, I bet you will like it. Hoping Apple adds it to a device next year. :)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I enjoy wireless charging and have used it on the three Nokia Lumia Windows Phones I own. I don't really think that's a deal breaker though; personally, I charge with the regular charger 90% of the time. The lack of NFC could be an issue for a few reasons. If it's that big of an issue, you might want to upgrade to the iPhone 6 when you get the chance.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I find myself using NFC at least twice a day now. At McDonald's and I have my Chicago ventra card 💳 connected to my S4 now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73