All About 5C!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am a current 4s user and have an upgrade since last year. I have been holding out for something awesome, and if the 5C is true, that may be it. I would choose the 5C over the 5S, not because of money, but purely because the plastic shell. This 4s was my first iPhone, before that it was mostly Blackberry. I have tried WP and Android, but the consistency of iOS has me locked.

Now going back on topic, I would choose the 5C for these 2 reasons:

I dislike cases and the 4s and 5 need cases it they get scratched, scuffed, chipped, or back panel broke. A plastic shell does need mean lost cost, it means durability.

If the iMore folks are right about the 5C having the specs of the current 5, again I'm sold!!!

I am content with my 4s, but time for a change I think.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think another reason people might forgo the case is the smaller price of the phone but then it all depends how much the phone will cost. If you get an iPhone 5 it is over $600 off contract and that is very costly to have it break. Since iMore opened a forum for the 5C I've pretty much taken that as confirmation so I'm pretty excited to see what will happen on the 10th.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, me too! I really liked the style of the 3G and how it felt in the hand. I also liked my Palm Pre because of its design and its roundness. I became to prefer a flat backing so it can sit on my desk and I can still type easily without it flopping around. I know apple got slack from making a glass backing. I one piece she'll that houses everything, just like their MacBooks would be nice.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The rumor mill put it in the $400 to $450 range full price. So still not cheap, but cheap enough that the carriers will offer if for free on a two year contract.

Exactly. Free on contract, or even $50 on contract is what we are looking for. Those cheap Android phones run 200-400 retail, but carrier subsidies put them near $0. That's what we should expect from the "budget" iPhone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The rumor mill put it in the $400 to $450 range full price. So still not cheap, but cheap enough that the carriers will offer if for free on a two year contract.

I sure hope it's in the $400 to $450 price range. The rumors were the same about the Moto X and the pricing on it is a huge disappointment, it was supposed to be the budget phone.

I've got no issues with the Moto X, I like the software extras it comes with but if you're going to have 'eh' specs don't charge like it's an 'hell yes' spec phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be interested in the capacity options. If the phone maxes out at 8 GBs, that could cause a lot of potential buyers to pass on it. especially for those who have used iPods or iPhones in years past, they may have too much content to be limited to 8 GBs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Very good point! Didn't think of that. I assume it will at least have 16gb. What's the point below that.

The only reason I suspect that they could come out with an 8 GB option is because they have done it before with the 4. And a lower capacity would help keep the cost of the phone down. I hope this doesn't come to fruition, but it is a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well the 5c does come cool but I like the top latest phones and I have the iPhone 5 maybe if anything happens to the phone or I lose it yeah I can get the 5c as a replacement and not so pricy but I am excited to see how both phones are gonna turn out

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What Blackberry did you use? Also, The Aristo is coming out about the same time of the Iphone 5c. I would give Blackberry a try. I Have tried the Iphone 5 but is has some lag to it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What Blackberry did you use? Also, The Aristo is coming out about the same time of the Iphone 5c. I would give Blackberry a try. I Have tried the Iphone 5 but is has some lag to it.

To whom were you directing your question and comments?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not a huge fan of plastic, but I can understand the concerns with the current iPhone as well. I know the aluminum scratches easy and there are still small glass plates on the back (granted a lot less than the last iPhones) honestly, I wish the iPhone would use Kevlar on the back rather than glass and aluminum. Not only would it add a nice soft touch to the back, it would also be more durable. I'm thinking Kevlar back, a better aluminum on the sides (maybe a metal less prone to scratching) and anodized colors. I don't like plastic because its generally very slippery, magnet for fingerprints, cracks pretty easily and makes phones feel way too light. I have had several phones that are plastic and the couple I had that weren't, felt better to me. It is a preference. I do like soft backs though.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I could deal with Kevlar, but I do not like soft touch addons if any sort. I keep my phone is my front pocket, so soft touch makes it harder to pull out, plus it seems to get damaged rather easily. Look at all the OtterBox's out there. They use soft touch around their cases and my wife has had to use the warranty 3 times. Some sort of back finish would be nice to prevent it from sliding around the desk and table tops.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope it's in the $400 to $450 price range. The rumors were the same about the Moto X and the pricing on it is a huge disappointment, it was supposed to be the budget phone.

I've got no issues with the Moto X, I like the software extras it comes with but if you're going to have 'eh' specs don't charge like it's an 'hell yes' spec phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

If it is this cheap, I'll buy one for my other line. That red one looks great, hope it's real.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I swore off plastic but this plastic is different. It's actually a step up from the past. It feels like aluminum or something.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say this phone feels like aluminum but it is a step above what lg and samsung uses in their plastic. Giving this phone a much better feel in hand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711