I Can No Longer Choose My Stopwatch 'Face'

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a classic iPhone running 10.3.4 (14G61.) I believe this IOS is the most recent.

I use my stopwatch to time exercises and the digital face is much easier to see than the traditional dial face.

Recently the phone randomly gets stuck in the traditional face. The 'hidden button' centered below the face can be moved left and right but the face does not change. Is there a way to 'fix' this?

thanks,
baumgrenze

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a classic iPhone running 10.3.4 (14G61.) I believe this IOS is the most recent.

I use my stopwatch to time exercises and the digital face is much easier to see than the traditional dial face.

Recently the phone randomly gets stuck in the traditional face. The 'hidden button' centered below the face can be moved left and right but the face does not change. Is there a way to 'fix' this?

thanks,
baumgrenze

It would be helpful to know specifically which iPhone you have.

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Annie_M, for your prompt reply.

Is this the information you request:

Model:ND209LL/A
SN:[redacted]
Modem Firmware:11.60.00
iOS 10.3.3 (14G60)

If not, please let me know where to look.

This phone is an Apple rebuild that I got (for a fee) on 9/8/17 as a replacement when the original one started to swell from a failing battery.

thanks,
baumgrenze

Last edited by a moderator:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

iOS 10.3.3 (14G60)

This phone is an Apple rebuild that I got (for a fee) on 9/8/17 as a replacement when the original one started to swell from a failing battery.

thanks,
baumgrenze

Thanks for clarifying that you have an iPhone 5. Have you tried forcing the app to close and then restarting your iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello again, Annie M.

Thanks for your quick response.

A forced close has no impact on this problem.

Do I remember correctly that the 'Clock' function is a feature of the IOS so that it cannot be reinstalled separately?

I see that IOS 10.3.3 was updated to 10.3.4 on 7/22/14. This may we around when I started noticing this 'irritation.' Since I installed this update we were preparing for and executing a downsizing and cross-country move and I am beginning to have time to address irritations like this one.

Might this be an unintended consequence of a code change in the latest IOS update?

thanks,
baumgrenze

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

iOS 10.3.3 (14G60)

thanks,
baumgrenze

For your own protection, please do not post serial numbers in a public forum. I’ve gone ahead and redacted it from your post.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, thank you for the good catch.
Does either of you have a next step I should try?

thanks,
baumgrenze

In your original post, you say that the "irritation" is recent, but then later in post #5, you say that it has been happening since 7/22/14. So, you've been dealing with this for 5+ years??

baumgrenze

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
In your original post, you say that the "irritation" is recent, but then later in post #5, you say that it has been happening since 7/22/14. So, you've been dealing with this for 5+ years??

Thanks for asking, SwitchBeach.

My 80-year-old eyes misread 2019 as 2014 and I did not catch the logical error.

The update from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 was 7/22/19, so it was closer to 10 months ago.

And, yes it is a challenge for an almost 80-year-old "pack-rat" to clear out a house he lived in for 49 years, downsizing from 2000 sq. ft. to 1200 sq. ft.

Will a 'clean install' of IOS 10.3.4 clear up this problem?

I realize that the classic iPhone 5 is a 'legacy device' but it is small enough so that I'm not irritated to have it on my belt in an Otterbox most of the time. Others in my family have more recent, larger phones, and they regularly forget where they put them down and ask for a 'courtesy call' to make it ring.

That said, I don't want to waste time if what I'm seeing is a 'known bug' in 10.3.4 that will not be addressed.

thanks,
baumgrenze

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh