Is there any way that I could have SMS messages forwarded to my Google Voice number?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 5 32GB GSM AT&T Unlocked, running on TracFone. iOS 9.3.1

I have no cellular service at my home, I knew that would be the case before I got the phone, and I'm ok with it for two reasons. 1. Most of the people I communicate with use iMessage, so I can just use WiFi. 2. I have a Google Voice number which lets me send/receive regular SMS messages over WiFi.

There is one slight problem though. If someone were to send an SMS (not iMessage) to my number when I am at home, I would not receive it until I go somewhere with service. Is there any way that I could have SMS messages forwarded to my Google Voice number when I am at home?

I don't know if anything like this is possible. I usually tell people to use my Google Voice number if they don't have iMessage, but it would certainly be nice to have something setup to ensure that I don't miss any messages.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Not that I'm aware of. You can manually forward the messages individually. But not all of them automatically.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner