Water damage no internet

benjicorb

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, had my iphone 5 for nearly 4 years without so much as a scratch on the screen but last night went and dropped it in the bath!!

Anyway quickly took it apart and let it dry. Put it back together and everything worked good as new. However this morning a cannot connect to the internet? It catches wifi, sends whatssap and gmail alerts, blue iMessage etc but can't connect to whatssap, email, safari, sky news etc. same goes with 3G. Can text and make calls.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried resetting and resetting network connections. Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some people are a bit more optimistic than I am when it comes to water-damages to an iPhone. Over the years, I've learned that the damages to an iPhone caused by water are not always immediately noticeable, but eventually, it's effect become known. One day it's one thing and then the next day it's another. My recommendation would be for you to make plans to replace your water damaged iPhone, but hopefully, others will reply with other suggestions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You took it apart? So there's no way to know if it's water damage or something you did taking it apart.
In any event, I agree with Just_Me_D. Be preparing to upgrade soon. The 5 is getting old now. I have one. The battery is worn out and even some apps are no longer compatible with the 5. Water damage can cause parts to corrode over time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2