My iPhone 5 has battery issues but I am unable to replace the battery, is there anything I can do?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 5 battery issues but unable to replace battery

My Iphone 5 has a battery issue it will be at 100% then the battery will go down quite quickly then around 90% or so it will turn off and say it needs to charge il plug it in and it will instantly turn back on and be back at 99%. I tried bringing it to the apple store for a replacement battery but they said due to a dent at the bottom they couldn't open up the phone without damaging the screen. Is there anything else I can do? I saw something about recalibrating the battery? Would that benefit at all?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5 battery issues but unable to replace battery

Try going to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that'll help. If not, try restoring the device and setting it up as new. If that doesn't help, you may have to risk damaging the screen to get the battery replaced.

iAppleDoYou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
If its a hardware issue with the battery itself, no software troubleshooting will fix that. If you don't want to pay to get the screen/battery fixed, you could invest into a Mophie or other iPhone Battery Case and that may be able to help you until you eventually get the battery replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2