Why does my iPhone 5 phone screen freeze with ios9 update?

I

iMore Question

I phone 5 phone screen freezes with ios9 update

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! If this keeps happening try restoring using iTunes. Here's a how-to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252
You should be able to restore from a previous backup, although I recommend setting your iPhone up as a new device. It's more work but you'll get better results.

Trucker Alex

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: I phone 5 phone screen freezes with ios9 update

Restore WILL NOT STOP IT! My iphone4/4s/5/5s/6/ and 6s have been doing this FOR YEARS! I keep getting new ones every year instead of every 2 years! Set them up as new-no good! Restore-no good! Signup and use beta for last 3 updates-no good! Apple fanboy for 20 years but these things suck!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Restore WILL NOT STOP IT! My iphone4/4s/5/5s/6/ and 6s have been doing this FOR YEARS! I keep getting new ones every year instead of every 2 years! Set them up as new-no good! Restore-no good! Signup and use beta for last 3 updates-no good! Apple fanboy for 20 years but these things suck!

I've never had this happen so not sure how your luck has been that every device you have had has frozen to the point of being unusable.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

As @robertk328 said, I'm not sure how it is that every iPhone you've owned has had issues like this. It's just bizarre.

Trucker Alex

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Oh its usable at first, but after few days mungs all up again. i think it is more the background activities of all the apple icloud and sprint networks than me. About 30 seconds to 2 full minutes of NO RESPONSE. Just figured out if i go to airport mode, it frees up whatever activity was happening and starts responding. But EXTREMELY tired of Apple Store wiping my phone and it is NOT the problem. So i just live with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods