I have an iPhone 5. It is USA purchased. It got dipped into water for say 10 sec. It is not showing network(showing searching at the left top corner, where usually network carrier name is displayed.)

Since, it is USA purchased none of the service centers are ready to give me a hardware repairing service. Is there any other way to get the phone repaired?

Rest of the phone is working perfectly fine. Please suggest me some way out from this trouble.

Thanks in advance.
    10-06-2015 06:39 AM
    I have an iPhone 5. It is USA purchased. It got dipped into water for say 10 sec. It is not showing network(showing searching at the left top corner, where usually network carrier name is displayed.)

Since, it is USA purchased none of the service centers are ready to give me a hardware repairing service. Is there any other way to get the phone repaired?

Rest of the phone is working perfectly fine. Please suggest me some way out from this trouble.

Thanks in advance.
    Apple Stores do not repair water damage. If I remember correctly the only repairs they actually perform are cracked screen replacements. There are many third party services that offer water damage repair. Google it and I'm sure you'll find someone in your area.

If it were me I'd give the phone some more time to dry out and throw it away if it doesn't start working on its own. Many water damage issues don't present themselves right away but show up later on. I honestly doubt your phone will ever work as good as it used to.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 07:02 AM
    If you turned it on after it got wet, it's gone. There's nothing you can do. It's fried. Get another phone.
    10-06-2015 08:15 AM