Why do I have Green/Blue lines on the screen after attempting to replace the home button?

ambulance92

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
There are Green/Blue lines on screen after attempting to replace the home button.

Earlier this afternoon I attempted to replace my iphone 5 home button. I watched a tutorial on ifixit and a few on youtube and it seemed simple enough. After putting it back together and turning it on I noticed that my screen (right directly in the middle over the Apple logo) had a bunch of green lines running through it. I thought maybe it was an issue with the connectors so I disconnected/reconnected them a few different times and at some times the screen would show up 75% clear and other times it would be covered in green/white lines. The final time I tried to fix it - I must have pulled too hard on the suction cup and instead of my screen coming up - the glass cover popped up instead. (From what I'm gathering it's glued onto the piece below it?) I tried to pop it back into place and it appears I cracked a tiny piece of the LCD display (maybe a half an inch in the corner). I can live with that.

As of right now the touch screen works fine. It's just these annoying lines. Any suggestions on anything I can do to fix it? Or what may have caused this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: There are Green/Blue lines on screen after attempting to replace the home button.

Retrace your steps and make sure you put everything back the way it is suppose to or make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have an Apple genius fix it for you.