I lost the recently deleted album, how do I bring it back?

I

iMore Question

i lost the recently deleted album, how do i bring it back?

i have the latest iOS 8.4 on the iPhone 5, i now cannot see all albums in the photos app including the recently deleted album, but i can see the hidden album and i can see all albums when using 3rd party camera apps except for the recently deleted album. how can i bring them back? as i want to permanently delete all photos inside the recently deleted album.

another thing is that scrolling all the way to the bottom of the hidden album, i can see a statement saying 588 photos, 18 videos 4,294,966,933 items. what are the 4B items in there?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: i lost the recently deleted album, how do i bring it back?

What "hidden" album are you talking about? So when you tap "Album" at the bottom right corner, you don't see the "Recently Deleted" album as shown here:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437654809.974575.jpg

If not, try a hard reset.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

azausa

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Ledsteplin,

1. The hidden album is the album created by Photos when i hide my photos.
2. Nope, I do not see anymore the Recently Deleted album as you have shown
3. Tried the hard reset, and I still cannot see the Recently Deleted album
4. I have also backup the phone first, then factory reset, then restored from backup; still I cannot see the Recently Deleted album

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

azausa

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody please help me here! HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!! Even if there is no resolution to this, can somebody please explain to me what happen and how to make it not happen anymore?

Is this going to happen even if I buy a new iPhone and restore my backup to it?

Please somebody help me, I am already desperate!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ledsteplin,

1. The hidden album is the album created by Photos when i hide my photos.
2. Nope, I do not see anymore the Recently Deleted album as you have shown
3. Tried the hard reset, and I still cannot see the Recently Deleted album
4. I have also backup the phone first, then factory reset, then restored from backup; still I cannot see the Recently Deleted album

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

The "Hide" feature only hides photos from "Moments". The photos will still be visible in Albums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner