iPhone 5 Yellow Spot on Screen

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is about 2 years old now. I planned on waiting for the 6s until I upgrade but this is irritating me.

The iPhone has developed a yellow spot in the top left corner of the screen. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm hoping it doesn't grow any further. I guess I could have the screen replaced, but would Apple help given that this appears to be a hardware fault but the iPhone is well out of cover?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Take it to a GeniusBar... They'll look at it, and let you know what your options are... The worst they could do is tell you they'll replace the screen and how much it will cost...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just 2 months until 6s or 6s Plus. I'm using my "almost 2" iPhone 5 as well. With me it's, "Will the battery make it?".

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is 2.4 yrs old and have plethora of issues(mail app malfunctioning randomly, network disappears, phone freezes sometimes when I pick up a call)... Just waiting for September to come and I hope the wait is worthy enough!

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, the 5 died on me. Ordered a refurb 5c to use until the 6s/7 is out. I'm quite sad to bid farewell to the 5, it was an excellent phone.