When I am using my phone to make phone calls, and I hold it up to my ear (like you hold a landline) I am constantly bumping the touch screen and pressing random numbers, face time, mute, etc... This seems to have gotten much worse lately, which makes no sense. But it is driving me crazy.

Is there a way to "turn off" the screen, or reduce sensitivity, while talking on the phone?
    05-28-2015 04:39 PM
  2. kch50428 said: Best Answer

There's a proximity sensor that while on the phone, the screen is supposed to go dark when it senses you're holding it to your ear... your sensor may be failing... or, there's an issue with your iOS and restoring the device might cure it.
    There's a proximity sensor that while on the phone, the screen is supposed to go dark when it senses you're holding it to your ear... your sensor may be failing... or, there's an issue with your iOS and restoring the device might cure it.
    foxhunter likes this.
    05-28-2015 04:42 PM
    Also keep in mind that sometimes a case or protective screen cover can hamper the way the proximity sensor works.
    So if your using a case take it out and test it, or remove the protective screen cover if you have one. Then test it.
    05-29-2015 12:35 PM
    You can also push the home button while talking and keep it on a different screen. It doesn't have to be on the dial pad.

☮
    05-29-2015 02:05 PM