iPhone 5 camera won't focus

uscardcode

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

so since I'm about to order a replacement battery for my iPhone 5 and it's my camera I always have with me as opposed to my EOS 60D, I thought I might order a replacement camera module too to save on shipping costs.

However, before I do that or before asking the seller whether they think it's a hardware defect (that needs replacement and not reseating a cable) I thought I might ask you guys.

I've read about stuck focus issues concerning iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 models, however these issues did not immediately arise after the update to 8.3, so I have reasons to doubt it's that.
Also tried resetting my phone, don't feel like going through backup and restore time waster hell though, especially since I don't use encrypted backups and have to log into a lot of apps afterwards. (when will apps finally incorporate THIS FEATURE)

Thanks in advance!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What, exactly, is your question? Hardware defect? Probably not. I haven't had any stuck focus issues. I rarely use the stock camera on my old iP 5. It too needs a battery. My go to camera is ProCamera 8 + HDR. Other great 3rd party cameras are Camera+ and ProShot.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711