I am using iPhone 5 (32GB) updated to iOS 8.1.3. Recently I opened the Photos app and saw that my all albums are gone but the photos are still visible in Moments.

I checked my iPhone Usage section but finded out that my photos are on iPhone with space taken of 2.2GB. I had all photos on my iPhone before but after sometime all my photos were disappeared.

I have tried to force close the photos app, hard reset the device but non of them worked for me. I need some solution to this problem because it is really frustrating.
    Dennis Parker4 likes this.
    03-25-2015 09:49 AM
    03-25-2015 03:18 PM
    I am using iPhone 5 (32GB) updated to iOS 8.1.3. Recently I opened the Photos app and saw that my all albums are gone but the photos are still visible in Moments.

I checked my iPhone Usage section but finded out that my photos are on iPhone with space taken of 2.2GB. I had all photos on my iPhone before but after sometime all my photos were disappeared.

I have tried to force close the photos app, hard reset the device but non of them worked for me. I need some solution to this problem because it is really frustrating.
    Do you mean your camera roll?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-25-2015 04:10 PM
    Yes Camera Roll. This is the screenshot: My photo album has disappeared, how can I get it back?-img_2874.png

This is my Usage section screenshot:My photo album has disappeared, how can I get it back?-img_2875.png
    03-26-2015 10:39 PM
    I tried Apple Support but they do not have any solution to my problem.
    03-26-2015 10:41 PM
    I tried Apple Support but they do not have any solution to my problem.
    Make sure the photos and all else are backed up and restore the phone as new. ←Last resort if nothing else works.

03-27-2015 11:46 PM
    Thanks Ledsteplin for suggestion and I have restored my iPhone as an new. After restoring the "Camera Roll" and "Recently Deleted" album have appeared but after restoring the backup, albums again have disappeared. Still problems persists.
    03-28-2015 10:01 AM
    Thanks Ledsteplin for suggestion and I have restored my iPhone as an new. After restoring the "Camera Roll" and "Recently Deleted" album have appeared but after restoring the backup, albums again have disappeared. Still problems persists.
    If you restored from back up, then the problem may be in the back up. Restore again as new. First back up your photos to a cloud app like Box, Dropbox or OneDrive. Then restore as new. Not from iCloud back up. After you restore, delete your back up in iCloud. Then do a fresh back up. To delete the iCloud back up, go to Settings >iCloud >Storage >Manage Storage >iPhone (this iPhone)>scroll to bottom and delete.
    Then go back and do a new back up.
    My photo album has disappeared, how can I get it back?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1427554492.353737.jpg

harrisj1 likes this.
    03-28-2015 10:54 AM
    Can you guide me that which cloud service is better as I haven't used cloud services. I need 2.5GB storage to backup my photos.
    03-29-2015 10:22 AM
    Can you guide me that which cloud service is better as I haven't used cloud services. I need 2.5GB storage to backup my photos.
    Box works great for photos. You get 10 gb of storage free. Just go into settings and turn on "Automatic upload" and it will upload all your photos to one place. I organize mine in folders. Download the app from the App Store.
    Box for iPhone and iPad by Box, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/-oHvr.i
    All you will need to do is log in, and your photos will be there.

03-29-2015 01:48 PM
    What about OneDrive? Is it reliable or not?
    03-30-2015 10:24 AM
    What about OneDrive? Is it reliable or not?
    OneDrive is fine. I find it a bit clunky when viewing photos, but it will work.

03-30-2015 12:52 PM
    Now I am in a problem that how would I recover my messages, notes, calender, games etc which are in iTunes backup?
    03-31-2015 09:47 AM
    Now I am in a problem that how would I recover my messages, notes, calender, games etc which are in iTunes backup?
    You will get all that back with the exception of game progress or achievements. Some stats will still be in Game Center. But you will have to download all your apps again from your purchased list and start fresh. But your contacts, notes, calendar, reminders, and stuff will be safe. Photos back up in OneDrive. You will need to add your email accounts back in as well. So you need the log in credentials for that. Do you use a password keeper app? Is it synced to somewhere safe? Make sure your passwords are safe. Those in keychain will still be there. When I restored as new, I put all my passwords on an email to keep them safe. I don't use a computer. Good thing I did, because my passwords in 1Password had not been synced. So I lost everything in 1Password. Had to start over.
    1. Make sure passwords are safe.
    2. Back up photos to computer or cloud apps like OneDrive.
    3. You will need to add your email accounts back in and turn on contacts and calendar.
    4. Enter your wifi passcode back in.
    It's like what you do when you get a new phone. Except no iCloud back up.

You will lose messages from your messages app. If you have any that important, turn iMessage off and forward the message to your email. Or take screenshots.

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-31-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    harrisj1 likes this.
    03-31-2015 11:52 AM