Will 3rd party chargers work with my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2)?

Nastybloodlust

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
the current charger i have works really good but sometimes it pops up this accessory may not be supported with this device...and now i have read on some forums that 3rd party usb cables dont work with iphones or something? :eek: so i have ordered this charger and now im really worried it wont work to charge my iphone with this charger i ordered..and last time i charged with my charger it could charge all the way up to 91% then it popped up accessory may not be supported with this device

sorry it says in swedish...but will it work to charge my phone normally with this?
[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: will this charger work with my iphone 5 (ios 8.1.2)

the current charger i have works really good but sometimes it pops up this accessory may not be supported with this device...and now i have read on some forums that 3rd party usb cables dont work with iphones or something? :eek: so i have ordered this charger and now im really worried it wont work to charge my iphone with this charger i ordered..and last time i charged with my charger it could charge all the way up to 91% then it popped up accessory may not be supported with this device

If the charger and the cable are MFI (Made For iOS) certification, you should be fine. If it doesn’t, well, it’s a crapshoot.

Nastybloodlust

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

well it says its compatible with iphone 5 and it even says ios 8 so it should work :concern:
i hope....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

well it says its compatible with iphone 5 and it even says ios 8 so it should work :concern:
i hope....

Compatible and certified are not the same. I stopped buying the non apple ones. Tired of wasting money

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

[warn]You do not need to create any more threads in regard to your charging issues. Continue to use your current threads. Thanks. [/warn]

brandboostnow

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a certified cable from Charge Slim - great reviews and good investment. You get what you pay for!

?The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten? ? Benjamin Franklin

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a certified cable from Charge Slim - great reviews and good investment. You get what you pay for!

?The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten? ? Benjamin Franklin

So, what happened with it? Did it not work? I've had good luck with Monoprice certified cables. I like having a 10' cable. Apple apparently doesn't offer one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR