Will the iPhone 5 kick it in 2014?

mrcanham

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 5 in 2014

So I've been using android since 2012 and my friend who uses iOS accused me of fanboy-ism (he has a point, he moved from android so he's not being biased) said until I've tried Apple, I cannot "dislike" them, so I've decided to "Go Mac"

Although I am not planning to spend a whole lot of money and I noticed, unlocked iPhone 5's go for around $300 on eBay which is a sweet spot for me because, it's not so expensive that I would want to cry should I not like it and yet it's not so cheap that I would not feel a "responsibility" to get my money's worth out of it.

And with android a phone released in 2012 is day and night away from one released in 2014, thus my question, will the iPhone 5 still kick it today, especially for a person new to iOS?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 in 2014

Hi there and welcome to iMore.,

The 5 is still a very capable phone and will still cope with pretty much everything today. I had a 5 at the start of the year and it worked perfectly.

Sure, it won't be the 'latest and greatest' but it will still be right up there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the iPhone 5 is still a great device, and mine is running iOS 8.1 without a problem.

Aceroller

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I am a long time Android user and my wife has always been an iPhone user. Well, she just upgraded from a 5 to a 6, and I popped my SIM card in a few weeks ago, just to play around, and I fell in love with the iPhone 5 and iOS. Everything is just smooth and is so well thought out. I just sold my HTC One and Moto X. The 5 runs great!!

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the iPhone 5 is still a very capable device. Just, if possible, don't get the 16GB version or you'll be hurting to storage space if you keep a lot of media on the phone.

kazza295

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

So I've been using android since 2012 and my friend who uses iOS accused me of fanboy-ism (he has a point, he moved from android so he's not being biased) said until I've tried Apple, I cannot "dislike" them, so I've decided to "Go Mac"

Although I am not planning to spend a whole lot of money and I noticed, unlocked iPhone 5's go for around $300 on eBay which is a sweet spot for me because, it's not so expensive that I would want to cry should I not like it and yet it's not so cheap that I would not feel a "responsibility" to get my money's worth out of it.

And with android a phone released in 2012 is day and night away from one released in 2014, thus my question, will the iPhone 5 still kick it today, especially for a person new to iOS?

Nine runs fine on iOS 8. My only advice would be don't update to iOS 9 straight away when it's released late next year as it will probably be the final release for the 5/5c and final releases always tend to slow down the phone and make them frustrating to use.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone 5 is a great device. There are so many things you can do on the phone and if you want your camera to take good quality pictures, this phone will do you... unless of course if you want a bigger screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods