Why My battery draines so fast??

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Got my new iPhone 5 today with ios 7, it can barely stay for 2 hours from 100%-0%.

I have few apps like whattsap, facebook, twitter, instagram, bbc news, cnn news, cnn oney, bbc sports, imore forums, goal.com, tapatalk, shazam, messenger, tr news, chrome, dictionary, livescore, supersport, imdb, telegram, pinterest, ebay, amazon, bible, wikipedia and youtuebe.

I have 3G running with data roaming.

Please help out guys.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Also cellular data uses more power than WiFi data. If you don't have any BT items connected, turn off BT. Background app refreshing. GPS is a big battery killer, turn off location services for any application that does not actually need it especially ones that track your location in the background.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Roaming will drain your battery in a relatively short period of time. I shut my cell data off if I know I'm going someplace where the phone will be constantly roaming but I want to preserve battery life.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Also cellular data uses more power than WiFi data. If you don't have any BT items connected, turn off BT. Background app refreshing. GPS is a big battery killer, turn off location services for any application that does not actually need it especially ones that track your location in the background.

I only access WIFI in the ofice only most of times i use 2G

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep your screen brightness turned down as low as you can stand it. Turn auto video play off for Facebook. Settings >Facebook>Settings >Scroll down to "Auto Play > choose either WiFi only or OFF. If you got an iPhone 5, the battery may be worn out. If 2 hours is all you're getting per charge, then you will soon need a new battery. They're about $80. You can get a new 16 gb iPhone 5s for $99.99 on contract with Verizon. How many gb of storage capacity does your 5 have? I still use the 5. It's still a good phone. But you will need either a new battery or a new phone soon.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Keep your screen brightness turned down as low as you can stand it. Turn auto video play off for Facebook. Settings >Facebook>Settings >Scroll down to "Auto Play > choose either WiFi only or OFF. If you got an iPhone 5, the battery may be worn out. If 2 hours is all you're getting per charge, then you will soon need a new battery. They're about $80. You can get a new 16 gb iPhone 5s for $99.99 on contract with Verizon. How many gb of storage capacity does your 5 have? I still use the 5. It's still a good phone. But you will need either a new battery or a new phone soon.

I'm in Tanzania not US, we don't have contract services here. We buy cash, i bought mine from amazon and it has 16 GB storage.
We don't have even apple store or genius bar so replacing the battery will be a challenge.
I have been using it out of data so that it may survive all day with charge or if i use it with 3G, the battery draines in 2 hours.
As a solution i think to upgrade to iphone 5S.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Tanzania not US, we don't have contract services here. We buy cash, i bought mine from amazon and it has 16 GB storage.
We don't have even apple store or genius bar so replacing the battery will be a challenge.
I have been using it out of data so that it may survive all day with charge or if i use it with 3G, the battery draines in 2 hours.
As a solution i think to upgrade to iphone 5S.

A new phone would help with the battery problem. I had a friend from Tanzania. Her name was long and ended with bay. So we called her Bay. If you can get the 5s, that will help. It's a great phone.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
A new phone would help with the battery problem. I had a friend from Tanzania. Her name was long and ended with bay. So we called her Bay. If you can get the 5s, that will help. It's a great phone.

Do you speak some swahili??

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to recently send my old iphone 5 in to get the battery replaced and they asked what the serial number was to check if it was free since my AppleCare+ had ran out. I am guessing they might have had a bad batch get out and was replacing for free. My wife has been using my old iPhone 5 and she was not even getting though the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro