I backed up my iphone a few times and cant seem to find the photos or notes that I backup up. I even backed my picures to Itunes and I still dont know how to find them. After backing them up, I cut and pasted to a folder on my laptop in case, but now my phone says i have 338MB on my photostream but I have no photos...weird?
    Last edited by lill1; 10-14-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    10-14-2014 09:53 AM
    Where are iTunes backups stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data is stored depends on your computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your data-backup routine. iTunes places the backup files in these places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
      The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your Home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
    • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
      To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
      To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.

Source: iTunes: About iOS backups

Having said that, if you're expecting to see your backed up photos in the manner in which they appear on your device, that's not going to happen. You cannot pick and choose what to restore. It's an all or nothing thing at this time.
    10-14-2014 10:02 AM
    I found the files but cannot open them. is asks me to choose a file that I want to use to open them..and takes me to Itunes ( which is the only files that will open )...and nothing :S
    10-14-2014 02:03 PM