"Other Storage" eating up memory

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
And don't forget old iOS updates that eventually start taking up more and more space. I recently did a factory reset and restored it from an iCloud backup. Before the erase, I had about 2 GB left. After the reset and restore, I had 5.5-6 GB. All of the apps that had cached data, iOS updates, and text messages started taking up a lot of space, and that fixed it for me. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen people with more than 4 gb of messages on their phone. And that wasn't even the "Other". I'll never understand why some don't delete their messages. I get there may be a few one wants to save. I have those. I screen shot them and store the images in Box.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My daughters ipad had 8gb of other .. She has no email and no text and very few apps left cuz of space only way I could free it up is a restore and reload from iCloud ... Apple should address this

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame you can't clear out all that on your own without having to jump through so many hoops. One thing that was nice about android. Wish they would make it an option to be able to clear app cache without needing to be jail broken

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame you can't clear out all that on your own without having to jump through so many hoops. One thing that was nice about android. Wish they would make it an option to be able to clear app cache without needing to be jail broken
I do see more and more 3rd party apps offering a clear cache option, but not near enough. I'm glad TapaTalk has a clear cache. It can grow to over 400 mb quickly. Facebook needs it, but they want you to have all that cache. I still have CM Security, which was removed from the App Store. It removes Facebook cache. Apple didn't like how they did what they did. After reading about it, I'm not sure I like it. But it works to get rid of unwanted cache and junk files.

Mbsmith

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since I cleaned mine out. Usually make it a point every few months to do so. Seems like they would build in a option in ios for this to make it easier.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner