What is "Other Storage" and how do I get rid of it? It's eating up a boat load of GB's. Thanks!
    08-15-2014 07:51 PM
    Usually old text messages and possibly old emails, etc. Check out this thread. http://forums.imore.com/ask-question...hone-19gb.html
    08-15-2014 07:54 PM
    And don't forget old iOS updates that eventually start taking up more and more space. I recently did a factory reset and restored it from an iCloud backup. Before the erase, I had about 2 GB left. After the reset and restore, I had 5.5-6 GB. All of the apps that had cached data, iOS updates, and text messages started taking up a lot of space, and that fixed it for me.
    08-15-2014 09:22 PM
    I've seen people with more than 4 gb of messages on their phone. And that wasn't even the "Other". I'll never understand why some don't delete their messages. I get there may be a few one wants to save. I have those. I screen shot them and store the images in Box.
    08-15-2014 09:50 PM
    if your jailbroke get icleaner. love it freed up 3.0gb on my first run of it.
    08-16-2014 01:50 AM
    My daughters ipad had 8gb of other .. She has no email and no text and very few apps left cuz of space only way I could free it up is a restore and reload from iCloud ... Apple should address this
    08-16-2014 06:01 AM
    It's a shame you can't clear out all that on your own without having to jump through so many hoops. One thing that was nice about android. Wish they would make it an option to be able to clear app cache without needing to be jail broken
    08-16-2014 08:03 AM
    It's a shame you can't clear out all that on your own without having to jump through so many hoops. One thing that was nice about android. Wish they would make it an option to be able to clear app cache without needing to be jail broken
    I do see more and more 3rd party apps offering a clear cache option, but not near enough. I'm glad TapaTalk has a clear cache. It can grow to over 400 mb quickly. Facebook needs it, but they want you to have all that cache. I still have CM Security, which was removed from the App Store. It removes Facebook cache. Apple didn't like how they did what they did. After reading about it, I'm not sure I like it. But it works to get rid of unwanted cache and junk files.
    08-16-2014 09:21 AM
    It's been a while since I cleaned mine out. Usually make it a point every few months to do so. Seems like they would build in a option in ios for this to make it easier.
    08-16-2014 09:33 PM