Can't figure out whats searching!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Next to my wifi logo my phone seems to be trying to reload something and I can't figure out what it is! It's killing my battery I turned off locations and yet it's still searching or scan. I have all the apps closed and have shut my phone off and on ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1405707295.484409.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1405707330.649829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It could be an email account trying to delete or load from the server do you have any email set to fetch or push?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Nothing installing and my email is push but I turned it off and it's still loading something

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my 5c. Evrn when I close all back ground apps that circle doesn't disappear. As far as I know all apps are on manual, no fetch push.
Only restarting the device solves it, temporally.
Thanks Jaleel for bringing this up as I was about to ask the same question.
My device is not jail broken and it happened once when running 7.1.1 and once when running 7.1.2

In my case it certainly wasn't the app store downloading. I always noticed it when I also had troubles refreshing Gmail with the native mail app. It took ages to syncope Gmail with the native mail app - appears to me like a port remains opened?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Next to my wifi logo my phone seems to be trying to reload something and I can't figure out what it is! It's killing my battery I turned off locations and yet it's still searching or scan. I have all the apps closed and have shut my phone off and on View attachment 60842View attachment 60843

I have exactly the same problem with my 5c. Evrn when I close all back ground apps that circle doesn't disappear. As far as I know all apps are on manual, no fetch push.
Only restarting the device solves it, temporally.
Thanks Jaleel for bringing this up as I was about to ask the same question.
My device is not jail broken and it happened once when running 7.1.1 and once when running 7.1.2

In my case it certainly wasn't the app store downloading. I always noticed it when I also had troubles refreshing Gmail with the native mail app. It took ages to syncope Gmail with the native mail app - appears to me like a port remains opened?
Is it possible that your device is "syncing", whether photostream, email, iMessages, Facebook, Twitter, etcetera?

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Justme, i have no idea, as far as I know nom of my apps are allowed to update information on their own.
Photostream uploading and iMessage disabled.
No FB on my phone and Twitter was installed after I noticed this problem twice.

Weird thing is the problem was consistent until I rebooted the phone and didn't act up again for several weeks until a week ago. Will look at my settings agsin, thank you :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods