iPhone 5 does not charge on specific PC

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is not seen by my work PC and thus does not charge. It also does not charge when plugged into the USB hub ports built into the monitor, there is no USB cable between the workstation.

The same lightning cable works when plugging into a wall charger, my car's USB port, and my home computer.

The work computer does not have iTunes installed, nor can I get authorization to install that.

The same USB ports on the workstation work for my wireless mouse receiver and thumb drives.

Apple iPhone shows up in the Control Panel Autoplay applett, and it makes no difference as to which option is selected.

A coworker has her iPhone 4 / 4s (not sure which) plugged into her workstation and it charges. The workstations are identical.

Double ROT13 encrypted for your protection

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Then something is off (not functioning properly) with the USB port on your workstation, in my opinion.

All 8 of them? Something's "off" alright, I just can't figure out what needs to be turned back on. Mice and keyboards work, as do thumbdrives.

I'm not trying to sync or offload photos, I just want to be able to plug it in for charging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73