When I went to bed at 11pm last night, my iphone 5(7.1.1)'s battery was 95%. But when I woke up at 7am this morning, it just has 8%. I did nothing and left my iphone next to me. There was a radio next to my phone. Is there anyone has any idea or can explain this issue and give me some solution?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-22-2014 09:26 PM
    A lot of things must have been going on in the background.
    06-22-2014 09:36 PM
    No. I turn all the apps off in the multitask even I set the brighter at the minimum volume. When I saw it only 8% I thought is a bug of iOS then I turned it off and switched it on. But it was still 8%.

06-22-2014 09:54 PM
    I have faced this problem too but it was not so drastic. My iPhone 5 was showing battery at 86% and in the mrng it was 55%. This is something I am sure apple is aware and will fix it soon. (fingers crossed)
    06-24-2014 10:12 AM
    No. I turn all the apps off in the multitask even I set the brighter at the minimum volume. When I saw it only 8% I thought is a bug of iOS then I turned it off and switched it on. But it was still 8%.

Try a hard reset. Hold both the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. If that does not work and your battery continues to drain that fast, then you may need a new battery. Does it drain that fast all the time, or just at night?

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    06-24-2014 11:00 AM
    Try a hard reset. Hold both the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. If that does not work and your battery continues to drain that fast, then you may need a new battery. Does it drain that fast all the time, or just at night?

Thanks but it happened once. After this time it has never been like this any more. I think the wave and the radio had affected on the battery. Because I left my phone very close to the radio

06-24-2014 01:04 PM
    I have faced this problem too but it was not so drastic. My iPhone 5 was showing battery at 86% and in the mrng it was 55%. This is something I am sure apple is aware and will fix it soon. (fingers crossed)
    Yes. So dramatic.
    I didn't believe with my eyes when I saw that. When I charged the phone then saw the battery increasing I know that was not the bug of iOS

06-24-2014 01:07 PM
    It may have been a bad wifi or cellular signal during the night. I've never heard of a radio causing battery problems with an iPhone.

06-24-2014 01:33 PM
    It may have been a bad wifi or cellular signal during the night. I've never heard of a radio causing battery problems with an iPhone.

Maybe God knows. I slept as I was dead and had no idea about that except for the radio and the iPhone's wave

06-25-2014 12:36 AM
    Turn off your wifi at night. The phone continues to search for wifi signal and if you live in an area with lots of them the phone is constantly search.....using up battery.
    06-25-2014 08:34 AM
    1. Disable background refresh for apps that does not need it
    2. When you go to sleep turn on airplane mode

If you cannot use airplane node becouse you must be "available" on the phone during night, say to Siri "turn off cellular data" and then turn off your wifi as well.

If battery bugs occoure more often (I mean display procentage is incorrect), do the following:
    Use your iPhone until it shuts down.
    Connect it to the charger, and do not turn it on or use.
    Let him charge for 3-4 hours, then disconnect the charger.
    07-24-2014 11:07 AM
    I found this happening myself after a recent facebook update. Seems to me that facebook has taken advantage of the background updating with the locate feature in chat and his the settings buried in the app to disable it. Once I turned all that jazz off my battery life returned to normal.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.
    07-25-2014 06:03 AM