Fed up officially. I can watch the power decrease by % points rapidly. Maybe 4 hours max. 1 year old, maybe 3 mos ago really started draining like mad! Used to get maybe 7 hours or so. Don't tell me a fresh install of the ios, that is lame if that is the solution all the time. All the motion, brightness, location services, all that stuff that everyone says to reduce and turn off is.

I do get some push notices. I use it like it us supposed to be used. Turning everything off is lame, why have it if you can't use it. I give up and I am not willing to tale back to day one and lose all my contacts, texts, etc. So, now what?
    05-27-2014 05:46 PM
    In all honesty, if the device is as you say it is, it sounds like you have a faulty phone. Take it back to an Apple store, show them the battery percentage decreasing before their eyes and get them to replace it.
    05-27-2014 06:02 PM
    i assume you let the battery drain till its dead then recharge to 100%? If so take it to apple-
    05-27-2014 06:56 PM
    I would as a fairly good guess if your phone is yes only a year old but if you are a. Heavy user and use your phone to its fullest there is the possibility that the. Artery may just be shot and I would personally take it to an. Apple store and have them check the battery. If it turns out to be bad and all you need is a new battery then problem solved and as an extra it will give them a chance to check it over to see what it is. Good luck.
    05-27-2014 07:38 PM
    i assume you let the battery drain till its dead then recharge to 100%? If so take it to apple-
    At least every other week I do from the start I have.
    05-27-2014 08:56 PM
    I would as a fairly good guess if your phone is yes only a year old but if you are a. Heavy user and use your phone to its fullest there is the possibility that the. Artery may just be shot and I would personally take it to an. Apple store and have them check the battery. If it turns out to be bad and all you need is a new battery then problem solved and as an extra it will give them a chance to check it over to see what it is. Good luck.

I may do that. I am not really a heavy user and now I barely do because of the battery issue.
    05-27-2014 08:57 PM
    Look at it this wat. It can't help and they may find something else causing it they CS. Fix and make you happy again. Good luck to you. Let us know.
    05-27-2014 08:58 PM
    If you start noticing the rapid battery drain, check the Diagnostics and Usage logs. I've started noticing a battery plummet around the time the native mail app crashes. Not for sure that the two are somehow related, but it's about all the clues Apple provides in iOS.

There could be a similar situation with your phone, or a poorly designed app. Agree with others that getting the phone checked out by Apple Support is a good option.
    05-27-2014 09:32 PM
    Battery faulty or not, apple should consider seriously about iPhone battery life over its slick size. Having a smartphone is not worthy if you have to switch off its services and features due to poor battery time. Or else apple should introduce a phone a bit bigger in size with a bugger battery.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-29-2014 05:12 AM