Hi There,

Please give me a solution on my following issue, and i am a very new to the iphone world.
    I am using a Iphone 5. suddenly the phone showed "Searching" for signal and though i removed the sim card still it showed searching. I backed up the iphone through itune and tried to factory reset the phone (Initially i tried the option "network reset" but no use) but later i decided to update the firmware (since itune showed me popup msg about a update) without factory resetting it but unfortunately in the middle the update stopped and showed me a error message. both update and restore also failed. now the phone is in recovery mode, every time i plug in to itunes it recognizes my phone and installs the update and stopped in the middle as earlier. Please give me a solution. now my phone is in recovery mode and i cannot use it at all.

Ajith
    05-17-2014 11:22 AM
    Did you put the sim back in?
    05-17-2014 07:25 PM
    Ya i put the sim back and tried several times. when i restore the phone i didnt insert the sim.
    05-18-2014 01:05 PM
    Ya i put the sim back and tried several times. when i restore the phone i didnt insert the sim.
    First and foremost, insert the sim card into the phone. It'll have to be there for when the phone restores and needs to be activated.

As far as your other issue goes: If you haven't already, update iTunes on your computer. Look for the update in "Help" in the above menu. "Check for updates." If the problem continues, delete iTunes and re-install it. This used to happen to me on occasion when doing a restore and that would be the solution for me other than restoring on a different computer.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-18-2014 01:37 PM