I've noticed over the past several months that my iPhone is draining its battery more quickly. During this time, I've also noticed that my iPhone is often feeling hot in my pocket. When it has felt hot and I take it out of my pocket, the screen is almost always on. So I wonder what is causing this strange behaviour. I was wiping my screen with my shirt to get the finger prints off and I notice that if I press lightly on the screen near the bottom left corner when the iPhone is a bit warm, it will cause the screen to come on. It doesn't seem to do this when it is cool to the touch. I am guessing that the heat from my leg is warming up my iPhone and then this weird behaviour of turning the screen on occurs if the iPhone gets a bit tight in my pocket.

Anyhow, it is starting to drive me crazy. I wish I had purchased Apple Care so I could do an exchange. It is way out of warranty since I got my iPhone 5 the day it was first available. I have read about home button problems, but this seems to be something else.

Has anyone else noticed anything even remotely similar to this with their phones? I've never dropped my iPhone nor has it even had any water exposure.
    04-14-2014 12:49 PM
    It's a lte phone so it's has so mush data push into it its going to run hot all lte phones gone through this stage when you charge your phone put it on airplane mode so all the antennas are off also turn certain things off that u don't need on your phone like location services or turn down the screen brightness and if all else fails go to the apple store and get a new phone it's still under warranty

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk
    04-14-2014 01:14 PM
    Unfortunately since I didn't get Apple Care, I am well out of warranty. : (
    04-14-2014 02:09 PM
    I'm now wondering if this was a iOS 7.1.0 bug. Since I updated to 7.1.1 last night, my screen isn't coming on without cause and so far, my iPhone isn't getting hot in my pocket. That would be great if it wasn't a hardware bug after all. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the problem is actually gone with this update.
    04-23-2014 09:10 AM
    iPhone in my pocket all day long and no heating up issues. The screen wasn't staying on and coming on for no good reason. Finally, no issues with it acting as if I'd pressed or double clicked on the home button when I hadn't. Good news.
    04-23-2014 04:36 PM
    I made a Genius appointment and showed them the defect. The Genius thought that the connection for the home button was probably "loose" resulting in aberrant behavior. This would result in the phone thinking it was being used and the screen staying on a lot. Anyhow, next iPhone I will buy Apple Care.
    05-04-2014 08:30 AM