Battery percentage dropping.

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.
The battery percentage drops like crazy. It would stay at 100% for a while and it seems all normal till 98% and then, suddenly it drops like about 10% and it stays stuck at around 88% and then acts "normal" until it drops again. It's frustrating.
I don't know if this topic has been mentioned before and I am sorry if it was but I got so annoyed that I had to start a new one.
Any solution to this? I've already done reset all settings but it didn't fix anything.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Two suggestions;
Reset your phone: hold down the home button and the power at the same time until the screen goes dark. Then power it up again.
If that doesn't help: run your battery down to less than 10%. Then turn your phone off and then fully charge it. This should calibrate you batter/meter.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Fully charge the device and then fully drain it. That's just the battery percentage, it doesn't mean anything if its not calibrated correctly. You also have the option of turning that feature off.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me. If it still happens after recalibrating your battery try restoring your phone from back up and if this doesn't work do a fresh install with no back up. I carried out all of the above but still my battery percentage was erratic, I took it to the apple Genius Bar and they tested the battery and found it was under performing for its age and faulty.

They replaced the battery at a reasonable cost due to the phone being out of warranty. Since then it's been perfect.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73