Text alert sound doesn't play

garyf789

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same problem with my iPhone 6S. Had recently turned Bluetooth on to connect to my car. Realized a few days later that I wasn't hearing audio alerts for incoming texts. Just turned off Bluetooth and now it works fine. The car is turned off and in the garage. Seems like a bug to me.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I just had the same problem with my iPhone 6S. Had recently turned Bluetooth on to connect to my car. Realized a few days later that I wasn't hearing audio alerts for incoming texts. Just turned off Bluetooth and now it works fine. The car is turned off and in the garage. Seems like a bug to me.

Have this same problem when in my car.
Good Luck

judjsd

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I discovered this thread because text alert sounds were not working on my iphone 4 (yes in 2016). I didn't even know whether the call alert ringer was working because people don't call me very much, they text me and those sounds text weren't coming in. Anyways, took my phone out of the otter box for once and got curious about the little switch on the left side. Switched it from down to up (no orange showing). Text alerts now work. I guess it's the silence button. Didn't know that until now. I've had the phone in use almost 6 months now, but never looked into the little switch until today. This might solve the issue for a few of the more antiquated and dense people like me who use 5 to 10 year old computing products and don't pay attention to any of the features or apps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having this issue and found if the alert style was on none, the tone didn't work. It had to be on banner or alert.

grambev

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my phone as well. The alerts for texts will not sound unless my phone is plugged into a car charger or my head set. However the ring tones do work. I do not understand it at all and have tried everything. I took it to the sprint store and they did a back up and cleared my phone and restored and still the same problem. If you ever find a solution to the problem please let me know.... this is so frustrating. The best I can do to even somewhat hear a text is to put it on vibrate and I created my own vibrate tone that is one long tone so if it is on the counter I may be able to hear it.

I was having the same problem when I updated. I went into settings and notifications and ringtones (all ringtone apps on my phone) and for some reason sound had been switched to off. Switched them on and text message alerts now work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods