LED on Iphone

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok..sorry guy and gals, I promise not to bring it up again :)

Hi Harold and welcome to iMore

Your only option is going to Settings>General>Accessibility>

And under hearing you can toggle on LED flash for Alerts

This is the closest you'll get to an alert. It'll flash when you get a notification but it will not keep flashing to let you know that you have an alert.

VictoriaPa1

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
ok..sorry guy and gals, I promise not to bring it up again :)

It's okay to share whatever you want. It's a forum site, if some users aren't interested with your post that is okay. If there is something you want to speak out, feel free to do so. Do not allow others comment to stop from sharing what you ought to share... :) I am a plain iphone user and I do appreciate what you shared. Thanks and welcome to the forum site... :)

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My blackberry has the LED. My blackberry is for work. When the durned LED flashes on my BB it's work. Somehow, I've come to find the LED, therefore, annoying. I'm glad my iDevices don't have that LED. Really glad. Really really glad. That is all.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

This!!!!! I like looking at my phone when I want to and not when it's hounding me to do it. This was probably the feature I was most happy to get away from.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've also learned to live without the LED notification since moving to iPhone from Android. However, I still don't see how an LED light is any more 'annoying' than the screen lighting up with notifications, your phone vibrating constantly, or beeping, or bleeping, or whatever noise you choose. It's definitely not a deal breaker for me, but I can certainly understand why people like the LED notification.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

jbg7474

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I can see why some people would want the blinking notification. But I think Apple has decided that it is opposed to their design philosophy. I think they believe that your phone shouldn't nag you. This is a question of what sort of relationship you are going to have with your phone. Is it going to merely give you information when you ask for it, or is it going to force information on you when you don't want it?

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I can see why some people would want the blinking notification. But I think Apple has decided that it is opposed to their design philosophy. I think they believe that your phone shouldn't nag you. This is a question of what sort of relationship you are going to have with your phone. Is it going to merely give you information when you ask for it, or is it going to force information on you when you don't want it?

How does an LED notification constitute "nagging" you? It only blinks for notifications that YOU choose.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How does an LED notification constitute "nagging" you? It only blinks for notifications that YOU choose.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Can we please just let this thread (and subject) die a peaceful death? It ain’t happening. Get over the disappointment. Move on. Thank you.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Can we please just let this thread (and subject) die a peaceful death? It ain?t happening. Get over the disappointment. Move on. Thank you.

Where did I say I was disappointed? If you read my first post, I stated that I've gotten used to not having the LED, and I don't care whether Apple ever adds it to the iPhone. Since you don't know me, I would appreciate you NOT putting words in my mouth.

As for letting this thread die, if that's your wish, stop replying or beg the mods to close it down. If it's still open, I have every right, as do others, to comment.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
While I don't mind not having one I can see how an LED notification light would be better than having the display always turn on. I don't know if it's possible but I think if Apple wanted to do it they could have put it around the home button on the 5S where the the ring is.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
While I don't mind not having one I can see how an LED notification light would be better than having the display always turn on. I don't know if it's possible but I think if Apple wanted to do it they could have put it around the home button on the 5S where the the ring is.

They can add one. Of corse. It's just a matter do they either see a demand for it or do they want iphone users to have one? They decide what we have.

I can see the benefits of not having one from apple's POV. They want people to be handling the phone as much as possible. To be involved and engaged with it. That means picking it up and checking it.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
They can add one. Of corse. It's just a matter do they either see a demand for it or do they want iphone users to have one? They decide what we have.

I can see the benefits of not having one from apple's POV. They want people to be handling the phone as much as possible. To be involved and engaged with it. That means picking it up and checking it.

Oh I agree 100%. I just thought it'd be a cool way to do it if Apple went this route (which I believe they never will for the exact reasons you mentioned.)

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think if an LED was added they would do it beautifully. Or Steve Jobs would have anyway. I did like his zen approach to design.

I'd like a notification ring around the home button.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I think if an LED was added they would do it beautifully. Or Steve Jobs would have anyway. I did like his zen approach to design.

I'd like a notification ring around the home button.

Two problems with this.

1. Jobs is dead and gone. He didn’t do the LED when he was here, so no matter how "beautifully" he might have done it, he clearly chose not to.
2. The ring around the home button is already occupado. TouchID is there.

No LED. Now or ever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit