iOS to Android

ces_garc94

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am new here and this is my first post/thread that ive made. I currently own an iphone 5 and im really looking into making the switch to android and i wanted to know if anyone else has made a switch from iOS to android and whether or not its a good experience? :nerd: :cool:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Android is a mobile computing platform that does a lot of things an iPhone can't, and the opposite is true. It's up to you to find the one you truly love and would stay with.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Had an iphone 5 went to android with a Samsung S4 went back after a few months to an Iphone 5S.......guess I missed iOS alot

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with your decision, and as stated above you might want to try AndroidCenteral for better info

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am new here and this is my first post/thread that ive made. I currently own an iphone 5 and im really looking into making the switch to android and i wanted to know if anyone else has made a switch from iOS to android and whether or not its a good experience? :nerd: :cool:

I have spent the last 6 years modding and enjoying Androids. I've got a Note 3 currently. However, I'm also the owner of a 5c. It was my first iPhone. They are similar and different in many ways. I think everyone should try a new OS just to gain the experience. Considering I used to be an Androidian who bashed Apple, I think I've become a less bias person. Technology is here for us to enjoy, why not just try it?

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried many android phones but I'm the type of person which needs a smooth and fast experience on my phone without any lag issues or so. Android is fun and all but it can't even do the stuff its made for, properly.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried many android phones but I'm the type of person which needs a smooth and fast experience on my phone without any lag issues or so. Android is fun and all but it can't even do the stuff its made for, properly.

I really don't have those issues on my Note 3. I've had ones who don't function perfectly but I've had ones that do as well. I suppose it's more of a gamble unless you know in depth about the phones prior to purchase. iPhone definitely removed that guess work and hassle.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am new here and this is my first post/thread that ive made.
Welcome to iMore and we're glad t have you with us.
I currently own an iphone 5 and im really looking into making the switch to android and i wanted to know if anyone else has made a switch from iOS to android and whether or not its a good experience? :nerd: :cool:
Yes, several people have made the switch, with many of them returning to iOS for one reason or another. Still, I recommend that you give it a try, and do it because it is what you want to do and not because of what others may think. It's your money and your decision. You will either like Android or you won't. .... :)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My last phone before the iPhone 5 was a Moto Droid X (the original Droid X, not the current model) running Gingerbread. The only thing I did not like about it was the lack of real media management. If it weren't for that lack, I'd have gotten another Droid a year ago when I last upgraded my device.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I used an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 and wanted to give the Nexus 5 a try. I used it for a week and went back to the iPhone 5. Like others have said on here, there are things that Android does better than iOS and vice-versa. The best thing to do is give it a try, in my opinion. What works for someone else might not necessarily work for you, and the things I didn't like you might find just fine.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got a lot of experience with Android and iOS as well. Android can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. You can do a lot with Android even without rooting it, however, my advice is that if you think you may want to root your device so that you can further customize the interface or install custom ROMs do some research as to what devices best lend themselves to rooting and have good support from the development community. Of course Nexus devices are the pinnacle of this but there are others as well.

As noted, the forums at Android Central are a great place to get some feedback and guidance in this.

Oh, Android is no longer laggy worth note, IME, on any contemporary device (and I've used A LOT of Android phones this past year). I think you'll find that Android apps, however, are not quite quite as polished as their iOS brethren but they're really still quite good. Also note, that if a app only comes out on one platform that platform is likely to be iOS with Android next. Many developers are closing the gap so that their apps are released on both platforms sooner rather than later (unlike what we see on Windows Phone).

Good luck, have fun!

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR