iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4.

The other day, I forgot to pick up something on my way home from work, so I decided to give the Reminders app a shot at a location-based reminder to remind me to pick it up on my out. I selected the location based option to remind as I left my current location, gave it permission to use my location, and set the geofence at an appropriate distance.

It failed to "remind" me.

Did I do something wrong, or is this a thing that just doesn't work?
    01-19-2014 10:49 AM
    iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4.

The other day, I forgot to pick up something on my way home from work, so I decided to give the Reminders app a shot at a location-based reminder to remind me to pick it up on my out. I selected the location based option to remind as I left my current location, gave it permission to use my location, and set the geofence at an appropriate distance.

It failed to "remind" me.

Did I do something wrong, or is this a thing that just doesn't work?
    I doubt you did anything wrong. My results were mixed when I used location-based reminders in the not so distant past. I don't even use it any more.
    01-19-2014 10:53 AM
    I've had good experience thus far using my home location as the geofence trigger. When I get within 100 feet of my house, reminders I set to fire with "When I arrive" begin to pop up.

On the other hand, I've had those same reminders fire when I am more than a mile away from home. Not sure if the trigger is the fact that I've entered the same zip code as my home residence, or another condition.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:59 AM
    I doubt you did anything wrong. My results were mixed when I used location-based reminders in the not so distant past. I don't even use it any more.
    Thanks. So then for me, the only reason to use it is busted.
    01-19-2014 11:45 AM
    Thanks. So then for me, the only reason to use it is busted.
    I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying that I've yet to experience it to work as great as I had hoped. I can be in the set radius and not be reminded, but then a reminder pops up when I'm no longer inside the radius. There were times when I was literally inside a store and was never reminded until I had exited the store and the radius set for it. Still, there were times when it worked as advertised and that's why I stated that the results were mixed in my experience.
    01-19-2014 11:57 AM
    I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying that I've yet to experience it to work as great as I had hoped. I can be in the set radius and not be reminded, but then a reminder pops up when I'm no longer inside the radius. There were times when I was literally inside a store and was never reminded until I had exited the store and the radius set for it. Still, there were times when it worked as advertised and that's why I stated that the results were mixed in my experience.
    So it's unreliable. Which to me also means "busted" and "useless".
    01-19-2014 12:04 PM
    So it's unreliable. Which to me also means "busted" and "useless".
    Unreliable? That's safe to say.
    Busted? Meh
    Useless? At times
    01-19-2014 12:12 PM