I'm not sure if this post should go in the iOS or iPhone forum but here's my problem:

I have a friend at work who was given an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 on it. Apparently it's stuck at the activation lock screen. He asked me for help and asked if I could downgrade it to iOS 6. I told him that it might not be possible because Apple has stopped signing <iOS7 firmwares. I looked up on Google on how to go about the procedure. Apparently, if I would like to do the process, I need SHSH blobs.

Is there a way for me to get them or is there a way for me to downgrade my friend's iPhone 5 back to iOS 6 another way? Possibly DFU mode?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Though I do not condone my friend trying to activate an activation locked iPhone, I would just like to help him.
    01-08-2014 01:12 PM
    No. Otherwise the activation lock would be useless. You can't use SHSH blobs for another device.
    01-08-2014 01:31 PM
    Your friend has an expensive paperweight.
    01-08-2014 01:31 PM
    I'm not sure if this post should go in the iOS or iPhone forum but here's my problem:

I have a friend at work who was given an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 on it. Apparently it's stuck at the activation lock screen. He asked me for help and asked if I could downgrade it to iOS 6. I told him that it might not be possible because Apple has stopped signing <iOS7 firmwares. I looked up on Google on how to go about the procedure. Apparently, if I would like to do the process, I need SHSH blobs.
    Is there a way for me to get them or is there a way for me to downgrade my friend's iPhone 5 back to iOS 6 another way? Possibly DFU mode?
    No. He's stuck with iOS 7

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    You're very welcome, sir...

P.S. Though I do not condone my friend trying to activate an activation locked iPhone, I would just like to help him.
    To the contrary, you are indeed condoning his actions by seeking help on the matter on his behalf.
    01-08-2014 01:33 PM
    SHSH blobs are device specific so you cannot get one from someone else. And Apple is no longer signing iOS 6, so your friend is stuck. Sorry.
    01-08-2014 04:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for the help 👍
    01-08-2014 05:02 PM