Downgrade iOS 7 back to iOS 6 on iPhone 5

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this post should go in the iOS or iPhone forum but here's my problem:

I have a friend at work who was given an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 on it. Apparently it's stuck at the activation lock screen. He asked me for help and asked if I could downgrade it to iOS 6. I told him that it might not be possible because Apple has stopped signing <iOS7 firmwares. I looked up on Google on how to go about the procedure. Apparently, if I would like to do the process, I need SHSH blobs.

Is there a way for me to get them or is there a way for me to downgrade my friend's iPhone 5 back to iOS 6 another way? Possibly DFU mode?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Though I do not condone my friend trying to activate an activation locked iPhone, I would just like to help him.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this post should go in the iOS or iPhone forum but here's my problem:

I have a friend at work who was given an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 on it. Apparently it's stuck at the activation lock screen. He asked me for help and asked if I could downgrade it to iOS 6. I told him that it might not be possible because Apple has stopped signing <iOS7 firmwares. I looked up on Google on how to go about the procedure. Apparently, if I would like to do the process, I need SHSH blobs.
Is there a way for me to get them or is there a way for me to downgrade my friend's iPhone 5 back to iOS 6 another way? Possibly DFU mode?
No. He's stuck with iOS 7

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You're very welcome, sir...:)

P.S. Though I do not condone my friend trying to activate an activation locked iPhone, I would just like to help him.
To the contrary, you are indeed condoning his actions by seeking help on the matter on his behalf.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR