I had to go to the Genius Bar yesterday for the first time and I was dreading every minute of it. The power button on my iPhone 5 went out. I made an appointment and when I got there, there were at least 50 people in the store or more. I got in within 5-10 minutes. I told the lady that my power button went out and without any questions, she brought me a new phone out of the box with no charge. I was very impressed with their service. Apple has it figured out.
    taz323, kataran, Fausty82 and 5 others like this.
    12-18-2013 06:55 AM
    Great customer service is what makes Apple stands out among other companies.
    12-18-2013 07:17 AM
    I work for a repair facility who takes care of corporate customers and im seeing a high number of iPhone 5 power button failures.
    I think its a design issue or bad part..
    Often times you can press on the side of the power button and it will work. But its not customer friendly.
    Im guessing they are also seeing the same trend i am and they have been told to replace / fix them.
    12-18-2013 11:54 AM
    Nothing like GREAT customer service. It gives me a sense of security in case something goes wrong. Glad to hear your experience was Great
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 12:31 PM
    Were you within your warranty?
    12-18-2013 07:34 PM
    They are really nice but sometimes the new ones don't pay attention that much. I love their service nonetheless. Way better than Samsung. Samsung customer care always keep asking you questions and confirming when I already told them the answer. Apple is setting the standard with customer service. I just hope other companies follow their example.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-18-2013 07:52 PM
    Great customer service is what makes Apple stands out among other companies.
    Such a true comment JustMe'D!
    Last Christmas I went to the Apple store to buy iPads for Christmas gifts. I was a blackberry owner and no plans what so ever to make a change. I was totally impressed not only with their entire product line but may have actually been more impressed with their team members knowledge and helpfulness.
    Within months I had new iPhones and more.
    Spencerdl, kataran and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-18-2013 09:44 PM
    Such a true comment JustMe'D!
    Last Christmas I went to the Apple store to buy iPads for Christmas gifts. I was a blackberry owner and no plans what so ever to make a change. I was totally impressed not only with their entire product line but may have actually been more impressed with their team members knowledge and helpfulness.
    Within months I had new iPhones and more.
    A similar thing happened to one of my best friends back in Orlando. He went to the Apple Store inside the Mall at Millennia to get his wife a gift and walked out in awe. He immediately called me and said he now understand why I'm a fan of Apple and it's products. He later purchased an iPad for himself and I think I've convinced him to get an iPhone when his current contract expires. We'll see...
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-18-2013 10:08 PM
    Were you within your warranty?

Yes, I have AppleCare Protection. The thing is that I figured I would have to pay the deductible....It says online that you get two replacements with the coverage at $50 a replacement. Unless the customer service rep "forgot," she didn't charge me anything for the new phone replacement.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:45 PM
    Yes, I have AppleCare Protection. The thing is that I figured I would have to pay the deductible....It says online that you get two replacements with the coverage at $50 a replacement. Unless the customer service rep "forgot," she didn't charge me anything for the new phone replacement.
    The deductible is only if you damage the phone. Warranty replacements are at no cost.
    iOS Gravity and Rube8514 like this.
    12-19-2013 04:35 PM
    Yea, the 50 dollar charge is if you drop it in water, crack the screen, etc... For manufacturer defects, it doesn't count towards your 2 replacements.
    Rube8514 likes this.
    12-19-2013 04:46 PM