Anyone Using Straight Talk with a Nano SIM on an iPhone 5?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd really like to try the network, but it seems like they still don't offer a nano-sim. Is anyone here using Straight Talk with a homemade nano SIM? If so, how is the experience?

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like to try the network, but it seems like they still don't offer a nano-sim. Is anyone here using Straight Talk with a homemade nano SIM? If so, how is the experience?

I did it with a Net10 SIM, which is pretty much the same as Straight Talk. My Net10 SIM was originally cut from mini to micro, and when I got an iPhone 5 I cut it down to nano SIM size. I used a cutter. It worked perfectly even after the 2nd cutting, down to nano. IIRC when I used the nano cutter on it, a bit of the metal was even trimmed off. But it worked great. Have no fear, go for it!

I will be doing the same thing again next week. My wife is getting a Moto X which uses a nano SIM and she currently has a micro SIM, so I will be cutting hers.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I did it with a Net10 SIM, which is pretty much the same as Straight Talk. My Net10 SIM was originally cut from mini to micro, and when I got an iPhone 5 I cut it down to nano SIM size. I used a cutter. It worked perfectly even after the 2nd cutting, down to nano. IIRC when I used the nano cutter on it, a bit of the metal was even trimmed off. But it worked great. Have no fear, go for it!

I will be doing the same thing again next week. My wife is getting a Moto X which uses a nano SIM and she currently has a micro SIM, so I will be cutting hers.

Sweet! Did you get your cutter online? Any particular one you'd recommend?

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! Did you get your cutter online? Any particular one you'd recommend?

I got it from eBay or Amazon; I don't remember which. They cost around $5, give or take. I'd probably go with a lower cost cutter, unless you're going to be cutting SIMs all day every day. Some come with adapters. Here's one from eBay, and here's one from Amazon. Take your pick.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Someone gave me a Verizon iPhone 5 so I out my straight talk sim in it (after I cut it down). Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use a cutter or just scissors? My sim will be here soon but I don't have a cutter yet...thinking about trying scissors.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Cutter. Ordered it from amazon. Came in 2 days. I'd order it now. I wouldn't try it w scissors. I did it in the car while my wife was driving. Took me 15 sec w the cutter

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got it from eBay or Amazon; I don't remember which. They cost around $5, give or take. I'd probably go with a lower cost cutter, unless you're going to be cutting SIMs all day every day. Some come with adapters. Here's one from eBay, and here's one from Amazon. Take your pick.

I have the cutter from amazon. Great product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2