Best Buy vs Sprint

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all! Not sure if there is a better place for this tread, so if a mod wants to move, please do.

Today I went into Best Buy to talk to them about trading my iPhone 5 for a 5s when I become eligible for an upgrade here in about a week. They took a look at it, and because my phone has a few chips on the edges they put it in the poor category and offered my 90 dollars. I was kind of shocked because I figured I would get at least 200 for it. So I left and went to the local mall and stopped into a sprint store that is inside. I asked him about upgrading to the 5s and he said that Sprint would give me 200 dollars towards my phone. I showed him the condition and he said, "Doesn't matter. We'll still give you 200." I'm glad I went to the sprint store in the end.

So, have you guys had any similar situations?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is usually pretty good with there upgrade but I'm assuming you had to renew your 2 year contract which is fine did you end up getting the 5s?

As for bestbuy that was a disrespectful price they gave you if all you had was a few dings on your phone

Sent from my iPhone 5

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is usually pretty good with there upgrade but I'm assuming you had to renew your 2 year contract which is fine did you end up getting the 5s?

As for bestbuy that was a disrespectful price they gave you if all you had was a few dings on your phone

Sent from my iPhone 5

I haven't gotten the 5S yet, as for my upgrade is on Dec. 1st. But I soon will have the 32gb Space Grey model. Very excited for it!

I was very impressed with Sprint today. As for Best Buy, I was pretty displeased. Would have thought they would have given me a better deal.