5 or 5C, which is the better buy?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am soon to be in the market for a new phone. I currently have a 4s. I considered going to Android because the Moto X which is a good phone, is being offered at a great price here. That said, I have a Nexus 7 and recent problems have been swaying me away from using Android as my main driver (phone).

Here (Mexico) the 5s is very expensive in my opinion on two year contract with the particular plan i want, the equivalent of 300US.

The 5c costs about 150US on the same contract mentioned above and for some reason the 5 costs 25US (I imagine to get rid of stock).

I am thinking of getting the 5, because I imagine the 6 would sport a bigger screen and I would definitely buy it, making the investment in a 5s unworthy.

Is the 5 a good buy still? Is it a better buy than the 5C?

Tapatalking on the N7....

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you can get a 5 for 25US I would say that's a good buy. As far as the 5c being better than the 5? I believe they are pretty much equal both great devices.

#Naked Tuesday

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the iPhone 5 and 5c or both great phones. If your looking for the less expensive route I would say the 5. It's an awesome phone and is basically the same as the 5c.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding that the 5 and 5C have the same processor, memory, screen, etc it's just in a plastic shell vs the metal one. The 5C is heavier than the 5 so my opinion I would go with the 5.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I am soon to be in the market for a new phone. I currently have a 4s. I considered going to Android because the Moto X which is a good phone, is being offered at a great price here. That said, I have a Nexus 7 and recent problems have been swaying me away from using Android as my main driver (phone).

Here (Mexico) the 5s is very expensive in my opinion on two year contract with the particular plan i want, the equivalent of 300US.

The 5c costs about 150US on the same contract mentioned above and for some reason the 5 costs 25US (I imagine to get rid of stock).

I am thinking of getting the 5, because I imagine the 6 would sport a bigger screen and I would definitely buy it, making the investment in a 5s unworthy.

Hello dc9! Oh no question I would absolutely go for the 5 wow can't beat that price.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that the 5 and 5C have the same processor, memory, screen, etc it's just in a plastic shell vs the metal one. The 5C is heavier than the 5 so my opinion I would go with the 5.

The 5c has slightly updated internals, a slightly better battery, camera, etc. Other than that, its pretty much the same as the 5 but with plastic.

It all comes down to what you want, and what you are looking to spend. That being said, 25 for a 5 is a pretty tough deal to beat.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

If you can get the 5 for $25USD, I would say jump all over this.

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The 5C has better battery life than the 5. Other than that, you will probably not see any difference in performance unless you use them side-by-side.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would jump on the 5 in this case. I am still using my 5 and love it. I'm sure the 5c is also a great phone with some improvements but at that price I would take the 5. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree with everyone get the 5 it's an awesome device especially at that price!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.