Major battery issues - iPhone 5 on 7.0.3

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The same thing has been happening to my phone as well, and my other friend is experiencing the same thing as well. I think it's BS that this is either a result of the iOS 7 update or faulty batteries, yet we are going to have to pay for a new one in the end.

ringopoppy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Also having battery drain issues on my iPhone 5 - was 100% last night and 40% this morning and it was turned off. But something else strange happened this morning. Got in the car and the phone connected to the Bluetooth and it looked like there was an open phone line. I have been having the battery draining problem since I used the personal hotspot feature a week or so ago - just wondering if it is the software causing the battery problem.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Also having battery drain issues on my iPhone 5 - was 100% last night and 40% this morning and it was turned off. But something else strange happened this morning. Got in the car and the phone connected to the Bluetooth and it looked like there was an open phone line. I have been having the battery draining problem since I used the personal hotspot feature a week or so ago - just wondering if it is the software causing the battery problem.

Possibly, have you tried restoring it to see if 7.1 fixes it?

mumoftwins

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Everything I've read applies to my phone... I was given it by a colleague just out of its 1 year guarantee... it was a business phone so had quite heavy usage, so I'm not surprised that the battery life isn't great to be honest. Now I have the dilemma of either replacing the battery myself or getting Apple to do it. I've found a battery on the appleipodparts online shop for ?24.99 versus ?55 (+?7courier) with Apple. A friend has said that Apple should do it to ensure it's heat/vacuum sealed afterwards. Is that necessary? My main fear is that a cheaper battery may short out and damage the phone and I'd have no comeback.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everything I've read applies to my phone... I was given it by a colleague just out of its 1 year guarantee... it was a business phone so had quite heavy usage, so I'm not surprised that the battery life isn't great to be honest. Now I have the dilemma of either replacing the battery myself or getting Apple to do it. I've found a battery on the appleipodparts online shop for ?24.99 versus ?55 (+?7courier) with Apple. A friend has said that Apple should do it to ensure it's heat/vacuum sealed afterwards. Is that necessary? My main fear is that a cheaper battery may short out and damage the phone and I'd have no comeback.
The responsible thing for me to tell you is to allow an authorized Apple repair person to do it for you. Now that I've got that out of the way...:)...I don't know which iPhone version you have, but the iMore Blog has an excellent tutorial on replacing the battery of an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S. You can check it out via the following link. Maybe it will give you insight on whether or not the effort is worthwhile.

How to replace the battery in an iPhone 4S | iMore

Jinay Shah

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have the same problem with my iphone 5, I have read the complete forum, but I can't find a solution to it. Can you Guys please tell me the solution to it.

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like what is going on with my own iphone 5. Battery barely lasts any more than 5 hours and then dies. Even when there is 20% power left it would switch itself off. Have an appointment tomorrow at the apple store to see if it is the battery that is the issue and if so have it replaced

This thread was informative. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox