Hello All. I'm actually not an iPhone user. I have an HTC One and the past few days I started to notice something. When I receive text messages from friends w/ iPhones sometimes I am getting duplicates of the same message. It's only happening when receiving texts from iPhone users because I have had other friends and family members w/ Android phones send me test text messages and I am not getting duplicates. Also throughout the course of the day when receiving texts from Android phones it is not happening.

Is this something that is known to happen w/ iPhones and is there a quick fix I can tell my friends who have iPhones about? It has happened to me when receiving texts from iPhone 4's and 5's on various carriers. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    10-28-2013 02:14 PM
    Hello All. I'm actually not an iPhone user. I have an HTC One and the past few days I started to notice something. When I receive text messages from friends w/ iPhones sometimes I am getting duplicates of the same message. It's only happening when receiving texts from iPhone users because I have had other friends and family members w/ Android phones send me test text messages and I am not getting duplicates. Also throughout the course of the day when receiving texts from Android phones it is not happening.

Is this something that is known to happen w/ iPhones and is there a quick fix I can tell my friends who have iPhones about? It has happened to me when receiving texts from iPhone 4's and 5's on various carriers. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I have had this happen with people who HAVE iPhones, but aren't in a good service location to allow iMessages to go through. Instead, I force it through as a regular message and they end up getting it twice.

This may be similiar to your situation...I am not sure. And I am sorry, I don't know what to tell you. It sounds like they are trying to go through as iMessages but are forced to go through as a regular SMS
    ddillon80 likes this.
    10-28-2013 02:18 PM
    Not that I'm aware of, and I send text messages to a few non-Apple users and they've never complained of receiving duplicates from me. You can have them go to Setting->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" on their iPhones to see if that helps.
    ddillon80 likes this.
    10-28-2013 02:19 PM
    For some reason only when I turn my phone off at night andthen on when i get up in the morning if I receive a text during the night from other Apple iPhone users and it does not occur all the time but the iMessage with duplicate. I have not been able to attribute it to anything specific and never really worry about it other than delete the dupe. Now i don't mean 2 seperate messages but in the same message if they said....Hello, How are you? Hello, How are you? in the same message. That is the duplicate I get.
    10-28-2013 04:40 PM
    I've had an HTC one more than once, and everyone in my family uses iOS. I also send a lot of messages from my iPhone 5 to HTC one users. I've never had this issue. I think more likely it's a problem on your end, though I have no idea what it might be. Resetting carrier settings might be a good place to start. Also, if you have another phone you can use, see if it happens when you put your sim in that device and receive a message. A second duplicate message might happen on occasion as a glitch, but having the content of a message duplicated in the same message is not only highly unusual, but also very unlikely to be due to the source OS.
    11-04-2013 07:20 AM
    Dh has a Note 2 and I can't send him pix and his come the next day! Yet a friend with the iPhone 5 tested and theirs went thru and vice versa 😠
    11-04-2013 07:48 AM