Scratched iPhone 5 glass...no AppleCare...

powerbyte

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have heard in the past that some people whose iPhone 5's (Not 5S) have gotten scratched front glass have had them replaced at the Apple Store with no issues. Can anyone verify if this is the case. I have had my iPhone 5 for less than 6 months, and have always taken extreme care with it. The other day while the power was off, I happened to look at the screen and see two rather prominent scratches on the front. I was under the impression that this glass was supposed to be quite resilient, but I am not so sure this is the case. If they won't replace it, I don't have a problem with that, but I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers!

Robert

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
My son got his phone wet, we went in and told them the truth and they replaced the phone. Awesome service.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple has excellent customer service. Take it in to your nearest Apple store and see what they can do for you. Good luck.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I want to say AppleCare does not support scratches or visual glitches...

This is an extract from the terms and conditions of AppleCare+:
(v) The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment, including but not limited to scratches and dents that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the Covered Equipment.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
they can always make an exception. i work for apple, so i know.

go to the nearest store and ask. or call and make an appointment. won't hurt to try.

powerbyte

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
They replaced the phone on the spot...I told them of a few other issues I had even having since going from my Sprint iPhone to my Verizon iPhone...and voila! They were extremely helpful, saw that I had also been having major crashes (which I didn't know), and it was a very good experience overall. THIS is why Apple IMHO stands above the rest. Besides, is there even such a thing as an "android" store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR