My son installed IOS 7 recently and he noticed that deleted text messages keep returning. A Google search has not returned any hits. I told him to delete the entire conversation but that didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Rich
    10-20-2013 08:55 PM
    I was having the exact same issues except with pictures. If cutting the device off and on doesn't help, he might have to reset the phone (as much as we all hate doing that).
    10-20-2013 10:09 PM
    My son installed IOS 7 recently and he noticed that deleted text messages keep returning. A Google search has not returned any hits. I told him to delete the entire conversation but that didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Rich
    Are the Messages prior to Installing iOS7?

Roland
    10-22-2013 04:36 PM
    No matter I would check with my carrier first to see if they can clear this up on their end. Make sure they are not those text messages you get from certain companies that you don't realize you signed up for because those can be blocked by your carrier which I had to do. See if you add them to your blocked call list if it will take effect also in texts? Unless they are people you know but just wanted those deleted.
    10-22-2013 08:11 PM
    Yes.

-Rich

Are the Messages prior to Installing iOS7?

Roland
    10-23-2013 12:51 PM
    Ok, will do. I believe most of the messages are from his friends. Thanks.

-Rich

No matter I would check with my carrier first to see if they can clear this up on their end. Make sure they are not those text messages you get from certain companies that you don't realize you signed up for because those can be blocked by your carrier which I had to do. See if you add them to your blocked call list if it will take effect also in texts? Unless they are people you know but just wanted those deleted.
    10-23-2013 12:53 PM
    Yes.

-Rich
    They could possibly be getting Synced back from iCloud, but not 100% sure.

Roland
    10-23-2013 03:51 PM
    We are having the same issue with ios7 on an iPhone 4. i have given it to my husband and tried deleting old messages… but they keep appearing. I can't find how to delete them from iCloud if thats where they are coming from…. I have deleted, backed up to computer, and turned off and then back on the phone, and it keeps returning them. any help would be appreciated.
    12-29-2013 05:57 PM
    I've been having the same exact problem. The only solution I can think of is getting a new phone as much as that sucks...
    05-10-2014 09:17 PM
    I've been having the same exact problem. The only solution I can think of is getting a new phone as much as that sucks...
    Restore via iTunes...
    05-10-2014 09:31 PM
    We are having the same issue with ios7 on an iPhone 4. i have given it to my husband and tried deleting old messages but they keep appearing. I can't find how to delete them from iCloud if thats where they are coming from. I have deleted, backed up to computer, and turned off and then back on the phone, and it keeps returning them. any help would be appreciated.
    I have found that it was because under settings->messages, I had the keep messages for ... Turned on to "forever", I changed it to a year and it allowed me to delete messages and keep them deleted.
    05-20-2015 06:01 PM
    Thank you my problem is been fixed just like this user said , go to setting and where messages appear you might have them to keep them 'forever" so change it to either 30 days or one year and the old messages will get deleted !!
    12-18-2015 04:47 PM
    I've tried locating the Settings>Messages>"Forever" option on my iPhone4 and there's no option to allow me to change this setting?
    02-15-2016 02:02 PM