Love the look of a "worn" iPhone

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorta. It reminds me of an electric guitar from the 60s that's worn out and patched up. Just full of character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I love that comparison! Nothing better looking than an old guitar that has been thoroughly used and abused! I am still trying to get my guitars to look like that! Haha.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
"worn" is cool, but I can't stand to see iphones (and other smart phones) with cracked, smashed screens. So many people just live with them, and it makes me sad.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
"worn" is cool, but I can't stand to see iphones (and other smart phones) with cracked, smashed screens. So many people just live with them, and it makes me sad.

Hulk Sad Sheldon Big Bang Theory Triste - YouTube

Agreed. My 4s screen cracked (just a little), and I couldn't stand it. I know people who go months even a year or so with a full shattered screen (in one case, part of the glass was missing near the speaker)...I just coundn't do it.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to be extremely uptight with all my gadgets, and used to flip out over the smallest scratch or blemish on my phone, ipod, or anything period. Im slowly starting to not care as much and just enjoy it for what is is...

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I use the gloves so I don't leave fingerprints on the screen, or sticky side of a screen protector right before putting it on.

I did the gloves thing as well when applying the screen protector, but I also put on a beanie to hold my hair back. And as a result, no one can believe that there's a screen protector when they're looking at my phone. Mission accomplished. :biggrin:

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I always put a phone in a case as soon as possible. If not on the day of purchase I will put it in a pouch to keep it safe while I can get one or one I've purchased on eBay arrives & always put a Screen Protector on ASAP.

Roland

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
my biggest thing is, and I'm slowly starting to believe my theory is there is a year between each iphone release... give or take. Me along with others are so concerned about resale value, when really in a year its not that hard to save up for a new phone yourself and enjoy the phone without a case and screen protector. I know me personally have spent well over 200.00 on cases etc for my iphones and that is the cost to exchange a broken iphone in at the apple store ( without insurance ). it makes sense but allowing the phone to get its first scratch or imperfection is hard.

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
my biggest thing is, and I'm slowly starting to believe my theory is there is a year between each iphone release... give or take. Me along with others are so concerned about resale value, when really in a year its not that hard to save up for a new phone yourself and enjoy the phone without a case and screen protector. I know me personally have spent well over 200.00 on cases etc for my iphones and that is the cost to exchange a broken iphone in at the apple store ( without insurance ). it makes sense but allowing the phone to get its first scratch or imperfection is hard.

I'm tempted to try not using a case as well. If you don't intend on using a case anymore and your phone gets all scratched up, will you try reselling it when it's time to buy/upgrade a new one or do you plan on keeping it?

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted to try not using a case as well. If you don't intend on using a case anymore and your phone gets all scratched up, will you try reselling it when it's time to buy/upgrade a new one or do you plan on keeping it?

It depends... If it's scratched up and beat up beyond selling then no, but most people who would buy it if even you sold it for 180.00 when you were done with it and told them they could get a replacement from apple for 200.00 then really they have a new phone for 380.00.. But I don't wrap my 55,000 dollar truck in protective film and hard shell for resale so why am I caring so much about a 900.00 iPhone? A bit of OCD I think lol

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It depends... If it's scratched up and beat up beyond selling then no, but most people who would buy it if even you sold it for 180.00 when you were done with it and told them they could get a replacement from apple for 200.00 then really they have a new phone for 380.00.. But I don't wrap my 55,000 dollar truck in protective film and hard shell for resale so why am I caring so much about a 900.00 iPhone? A bit of OCD I think lol

Just spray your truck with this Pickup owners spray the whole truck with bedliner plastic
And slap one of these on your phone Rhino Lined The Otter Box

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you guys would have seen my old iPhone 4 I'm quite sure it would bring a tear to your eyes. When I retired that Gem the glass on the back was completely trashed to the point of no return so I taped the back of it with duct tape so I wouldn't cut my hand while using it. Also the front screen had so many hairline scratches you could feel them with your finger as you were texting. did I regret it? not a chance I used that phone for years and it had more character than any other phone I've used.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My OCD couldn't take the pain, but you sound like you have an artistic mind. I like how you view things! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73