terry280686

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm unsure on weather to try another operating system. I've had a iPhone 3GS and an iphone 5 and starting to get bored with the phone. It's a fantasic phone but some android phones sound good like the HTC one and samsung galaxy S4. I want customisation and a bigger screen but having read some reviews on here android sounds like its abit unreliable and not as slick as ios7 (although at the min ios7 has a few niggles) what are your views with android and iOS?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I can go back and forth between iOS and Android (especially HTC's Sense skin) with little problems. They both have their merits and honestly I don't think you could go wrong by choosing the top devices from either platform.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
not sure if I can chime in here, but i was in a similar situation with my previous devices.

I had blackberry devices from 05 up until the launch of the 2G iPhone, and i switched because i wanted something different. I eventually switched back early 08 to BB, then to an android, but in 2010 went back to RIM.

after using the z10 from since launch, I decided time to try something new.... an iPhone 5

still have the z10 in case i'm not too pleased with what iOS 7 can offer me

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Check out the Android forums, and go into a carrier store and play around with the devices.

I have had a few android devices over the years, but I ALWAYS go back to my iphone. There's just something about it...it feels more refined and easy to use.

to each their own, and good luck with your decision!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 as a work phone ( not by choice ) and I dislike the android operating system. I find it lags and isn't as sooth as the faithful iOS

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm unsure on weather to try another operating system. I've had a iPhone 3GS and an iphone 5 and starting to get bored with the phone. It's a fantasic phone but some android phones sound good like the HTC one and samsung galaxy S4. I want customisation and a bigger screen but having read some reviews on here android sounds like its abit unreliable and not as slick as ios7 (although at the min ios7 has a few niggles) what are your views with android and iOS?

You're asking this question in the completely wrong place if you want unbiased accounts of people who were in your same position...and I doubt you'd be any better going to AC because they'll be just as biased, in the opposite direction.

The best way to solve this take a leap of chance...switch devices, live with it for a while and see if it works for you. I was lucky enough to have had a couple of Android based devices in the past (through my job), and found the experience was not one that I would want to live with...even the newer devices and the newer Android OS releases seem more of the same to me, but that is what a lot of people say about Apple, so you can see it's really kind of a crap shoot asking online forum populations what they "think".

Sell yourself on the device by using one. Thankfully most devices have 2 week return windows, and I honestly think living with any one of these smart phones for more than a week would give you a very good understanding of how it will work for you.

ctdog

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and got a Galaxy Note 3 several weeks ago. I love both phones, but honestly find myself using the Note 3 more. Bigger screen, the VERY fun and useful S-pen, multitasking, etc make the Note a fantastic device. Then again I do still love my 5, it's just more "polished" than the Note. Both have their good and bad points. Like others have recommended, try another OS for a few days and see how you like it.