iPhone 5 activating issue...

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 on tmobile running iOS 7. I left my phone in a locker and when I came back to the enter your Apple ID that was used to activate this phone screen.

I have tried countless times to activate it back on.. But it keeps saying activation failed and iTunes doesn't seem to be working either..

I suspect these people broke into my locker and tried to wipe my phone or something and now it's giving me this issue.

Is there another way besides iTunes and the activation screen to turn it back on? I have an icloud back up so wiping it is not an issue. I don't want to go to an apple store but I will if it's my last resort...

I was also running iOS 7 beta 6. Not the full version so I'm thinking this might be the issue. Since when I plug in to iTunes it tells me the software is expired and must be updated. But I can't update it since the phone is not activated...

Will putting the device in DFU mode work? I heard iOS 7 did not allow that anymore.

All your suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 on tmobile running iOS 7. I left my phone in a locker and when I came back to the enter your Apple ID that was used to activate this phone screen.

I have tried countless times to activate it back on.. But it keeps saying activation failed and iTunes doesn't seem to be working either..

I suspect these people broke into my locker and tried to wipe my phone or something and now it's giving me this issue.

Is there another way besides iTunes and the activation screen to turn it back on? I have an icloud back up so wiping it is not an issue. I don't want to go to an apple store but I will if it's my last resort...

I was also running iOS 7 beta 6. Not the full version so I'm thinking this might be the issue. Since when I plug in to iTunes it tells me the software is expired and must be updated. But I can't update it since the phone is not activated...

Will putting the device in DFU mode work? I heard iOS 7 did not allow that anymore.

All your suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Seems the beta expired and u have activation lock on ..
Yes do dfu mode then update with iTunes to 7.0.2 then you will still have to enter your Apple ID to activate

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW