iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.1

Suzareeta

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been having two problems with my iphone 5 ever since I updated to the iOS 7, and wanted to see if anyone knew a fix or was having the same problem. First...my phone has been dying at 10%, but when I plug it in to charge, the battery still says 9%??
Next...sometimes when I send a text message it sends as an iMessage that doesnt go through but takes several hours to let me know. It also offers me the option after the "iMessage" is sent to send it as a Text Message.
I have never seen this before so if anyone has any help, I would geatly appreciate it. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been having two problems with my iphone 5 ever since I updated to the iOS 7, and wanted to see if anyone knew a fix or was having the same problem. First...my phone has been dying at 10%, but when I plug it in to charge, the battery still says 9%??
Next...sometimes when I send a text message it sends as an iMessage that doesnt go through but takes several hours to let me know. It also offers me the option after the "iMessage" is sent to send it as a Text Message.
I have never seen this before so if anyone has any help, I would geatly appreciate it. :)

The iMessage thing is a known issue and will likely be addressed with a software update that is rumored to be in testing and rumored to be released as soon as next week... the battery issue has also been mentioned here in the forums... rebooting the device may do it... or you may have to resort to a back-up, re-install the iOS and then restore the back-up... and it might be a bug that gets addressed in the update that's pending.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have my 4S with iOS 6 and apps open quicker than on my 5S. Not all apps though.

iOS 7 is different, it has a flow then opens the app where iOS 6 just opens the app.

More transitions in iOS 7 as oppose to iOS 6.

I think there's still some work to be done on apps for iOS 7 and still some work to be done on iOS 7. Prior to iOS 7.0.2 Safari was crashing on my 4S and iPad 2 all the time. No Safari crashes since 7.0.2. I'm sure there will be a stability update in the near future for apps and iOS 7. 🎃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I think there's still some work to be done on apps for iOS 7 and still some work to be done on iOS 7. Prior to iOS 7.0.2 Safari was crashing on my 4S and iPad 2 all the time. No Safari crashes since 7.0.2. I'm sure there will be a stability update in the near future for apps and iOS 7. 🎃

I hope so!!! :D

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Lol I hope they are taking a double take and checking out the tumblr dedicated to sloppy ui in iOS 7. Have you seen it?

http://sloppyui.tumblr.com/

I haven't experienced any of these UI anomalies while using iOS 7 or any iOS version and I've been using iOS since the first iPhone. Maybe I just had luck with iOS. I've experienced Android anomalies similar to this.
I'm inclined not to take Tumblr photos too seriously. If I read something about this from the iMore staff or Apple Insider or TUAW I would put stock in it. If there are any sources such as these that mention the UI anomalies share a link. 🎃

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure any guy that updated is looking at the neon green icons and saying what the hell?

I would argue that most guys don't analyze the color of anything except maybe cars.
Personally, I don't stare at my icons and think about their design.
I just need to find it, tap it, and get to what's inside.

They're like buttons on an elevator.
Their only purpose is to take me where I want to go.

Here's another.
If someone says they have a gift for you, do you think to yourself
(a) what did they get me?
or
(b) how did they wrap it?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
A.

Look the phone and messages is not eye appealing it makes my eyes sore. Neon green ouch. Can I have grass green? Ha

Not sure how to say this without sounding like a jerk, but don't look at it. :)
Maybe color is very important to you. Everybody's different.
To me it looks the same as it always has, just a bit lighter.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Curious; those with the iPhone 5, does 7.0.1 seem to work flawlessly?

I was wondering about buying a iPhone 5, 32GB and loading iOS 7.0.1 on it. I'm guessing the speed of the OS on the device would be the same as an iPhone 5c, no?

Share your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

My iPhone 5 performs perfectly with iOS 7.0.2. There's no reason not to upgrade. I don't see why anyone would want to be stuck with iOS 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh