iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.1

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Curious; those with the iPhone 5, does 7.0.1 seem to work flawlessly?

I was wondering about buying a iPhone 5, 32GB and loading iOS 7.0.1 on it. I'm guessing the speed of the OS on the device would be the same as an iPhone 5c, no?

Share your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 worked well with iOS 7.0.1 installed and it is still working well running iOS 7.0.2. As for the speed comparison, I would say that it should be about the same...:)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I guess what I'm really asking is, if me getting an iPhone 5, versus my current iPhone 5c would be better. The wait times for an iPhone 5s is ridiculous currently...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5c and the iPhone 5 have the exact same specs. Only difference is the battery and colour mate. It should run the same on both devices

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I guess what I'm really asking is, if me getting an iPhone 5, versus my current iPhone 5c would be better. The wait times for an iPhone 5s is ridiculous currently...

Seeing as there should be no difference in performance between the 5 & 5C, and you already have one of them.
Hold onto it, enjoy it while you wait, and get a 5S.

That's what I'd do.

Let me try and tempt the geek in you.
Latest and greatest.
Top of the line.
Superior performance.
Better camera.
64 bit.
Technologically refined.
Are ya feeling it yet?

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
One question though.

The phone and messages app color don't bother you at all?

Honestly, not really. Could they be a little less vibrant? Sure. But I don't mind the look of the icons. I think they should have made the FaceTime icon some other color. that's too much green.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, I don't really mind them. They fit with the icons. Are they pretty vibrant, yes. But I don't mind them.

Once again, and I feel like I'm just repeating myself over and over again, but to each it's own.