AT&T Locked iphone 5 for use with Straight Talk

bobjohnson322

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm new here, and had a couple of questions. I've been an android user for 3 years and finally decided to switch.

I am trying to buy an iPhone 5 and set it up with straight talk (AT&Ts) network. I currently already am using straight talk (AT&T) with a nexus 4, I'd simply like to import my SIM from my nexus 4 to the iPhone 5. I won an aution on ebay yesterday for an iPhone 5, and I just heard from the seller to find out that the iPhone is locked to AT&Ts network. Will I still be able to set up the iPhone on straight talk or does the phone have to be unlocked? Should I request the seller to unlock the iPhone first? Also, will I be able to set up data/mms on the iPhone (I have all that set up on my android phone, I am completely new to apple). The link to the listing is here: Apple iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate at T Smartphone New IOS7 885909599738 | eBay

Thanks and I appreciate your response!

Bob

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
AT&T will unlock devices for their current customers who have completed any contractual agreements that may have been connected with the purchase of the phone... you noted above the seller contacted AT&T and won't unlock - thus the suggestion of the 3rd party route...

bobjohnson201

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
AT&T will unlock devices for their current customers who have completed any contractual agreements that may have been connected with the purchase of the phone... you noted above the seller contacted AT&T and won't unlock - thus the suggestion of the 3rd party route...

i see. so essentially they wont unlock because he is still on contract (or its a stolen phone)? otherwise they would have no issues unlocking it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal