one year old iPhone > one year old Android?

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I get bored with my 5 after a while (bought it launch day) and I often end up posting a ad on craigslist for a direct swap for a HTC ONE or GS4.

I have aout 5 to 10 people hit me up each time.

Some of their phones are less than 3 months old and I tell them in advance "I don't have APPLECARE, MY WARRANTY HAS EXPIRED"

And they don't even care, they're like "Well does it look beat up? I don't mind the warranty not being there"

Every single time....

I end up declining the trade due to resale value and thinking I'm making a mistake. Keep my iphone 5.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It is stupid.
Let's start forums for something else that's an integral part of our lives, that most of us wouldn't leave home without.
Something that's with us 24/7.
Underwear.
The Hanes fans can call the fruit of the loom fans Sweaty Fruit Salad Packers.
The fruit of the loom fans can call the Hanes fans Han Jobbers.
They can argue about thread count, stitching, elastic waist bands, breathability,:concern: stain resistance :concern:, boxers vs briefs, and whatever else they can think of, over & over & over for years.

Ridiculous? Yes.
But that's exactly what some people do now. ;)

Bolded above what I think is the single most important thing I've learned from this thread :)

Last edited:

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
And just how smooth is it running? The Nexus 4 was the last Android phone I owned (After having owned every top Android Tmo sold since cupcake). Purchased it launch day directly from google. I won't even get into the how the phone ran after having it for the first 3 months.

Anyone that has used/owned both any Android phone and an iPhone canNOT "honestly" say that the Android system runs better than the Iphone. It would simply be a flat out lie. Straight up without all the tweaks, changes, rom swaps, over/under clocking etc...it's not even close. EVERY Android phone will lag at some point if you own it long enough! If you say I'm lying than you are just as big of an Android fan boy than any so-called "isheep" has ever been!

Funny thing is most android users that talk negatively about iphone users and our loyalty to our brand has never even used/owned an iphone lol. I should know...I was one of them! :)

It's freaking fast as always.

I'll have you know i've owned every iPhone from the 3GS up. BLiNK knows this, I have shown him proof.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
You should have a look at the Nexus lineup. They are amazing.

To be honest I really want a Nexus 5 (I own a Galaxy Nexus right now) but I can't fit the initial cost ($300+tax+sim kit+prepaid service) into my budget right now. And that's assuming it's actually going to launch at $300. So the 5C is a steal at $80 (thanks Walmart) and $190 for the 5S might be the best cost:value ratio. That's why I'm here: to do the research. I'm liking what I see. In the end, I need a phone that works for me so I can't just go making a bad decision.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I really want a Nexus 5 (I own a Galaxy Nexus right now) but I can't fit the initial cost ($300+tax+sim kit+prepaid service) into my budget right now. And that's assuming it's actually going to launch at $300. So the 5C is a steal at $80 (thanks Walmart) and $190 for the 5S might be the best cost:value ratio. That's why I'm here: to do the research. I'm liking what I see. In the end, I need a phone that works for me so I can't just go making a bad decision.
Which is why I chose the nexus 4. Very interested in it but blew my money on a iPhone 5 and Nexus 4.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
And just how smooth is it running? The Nexus 4 was the last Android phone I owned (After having owned every top Android Tmo sold since cupcake). Purchased it launch day directly from google. I won't even get into the how the phone ran after having it for the first 3 months.

Anyone that has used/owned both any Android phone and an iPhone canNOT "honestly" say that the Android system runs better than the Iphone. It would simply be a flat out lie. Straight up without all the tweaks, changes, rom swaps, over/under clocking etc...it's not even close. EVERY Android phone will lag at some point if you own it long enough! If you say I'm lying than you are just as big of an Android fan boy than any so-called "isheep" has ever been!

Funny thing is most android users that talk negatively about iphone users and our loyalty to our brand has never even used/owned an iphone lol. I should know...I was one of them! :)

Yup! So true! My best friend was EXTREMELY anti apple. (Probably doesn't help that I steered him that way years ago). I too didn't like it, however I had tried it. I had iPod touch 1-4 and iPad 1. Originally I did love it, however sprint never got it. I ended up getting a palm pre, than a windows phone, than an android phone. After bad experiences with the iPad and realizing the lack of features on my iPad, I left apple and said I would never look back... Or so I thought. No phone satisfied me. Lag, bad battery life or not great user experiences bothered me. I hated android before I tried it. (I was a much more avid hater of android than I was iOS) but I tried it because I love technology and don't like to bash something I didn't try. At first I liked androids customizations. I did hate all android pre-Ice cream sandwich but ics and jelly bean were a whole new ball game. I loved it for a while. Unfortunately, the ics update for my phone (which came out a year after the phone was released and 9 months after the update was available to manufacturers) was HORRIBLE! I had friends with ics who had better versions than me. It went downhill from here. I had to root just to get a good working version of ics because samsungs version looked like someone slapped ics on top of gingerbread and didn't do any optimization. Rooting drive me crazy and I was frustrated with the decaying quality of my phone. And the apps.... Don't get me started. Spam, malware, and bad quality apps. I download a top rated game that's featured and get 3 other apps on my phone subsequently without installing them myself??? I hate windows for this very reason and didn't want to deal with it on my phone too!! I thought about getting an s3 but then decided I would get an iPhone and try it out in hopes of something better. Not looking back anytime soon. Never owned an iPhone and boy do I love it. Afterwords my girlfriend switched, got my mom to switch, and my anti-apple best friend to switch. He thanked me several times for showing him the light lol. His perception of apple was very wrong and he now loves his phone. Also got my three brothers waiting for upgrades to get the iPhone 5s. You miss out when you don't try things and man am I glad I did! So is everyone else who I got to switch :)

I don't think android itself is bad, but I don't think google handles it properly either. It needs to be harder on carriers, manufacturers and developers. I am no fan of windows on pc (I use it because there's not a great alternative yet) but windows phone has shown what licensing should be like. Manufactures and carriers are in check even despite the various phones. (At least it was when I had windows phone. All they need to work on is updates lasting for longer than a year as no windows phone 7 phone was updates to windows phone 8. Then again, that could just be greedy Microsoft. After all, they do charge you to watch Netflix on your xbox on top of your Netflix subscription!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I too used to be an anti-Apple guy. But I know my disdain for the company was purely due to my desire to own an iPhone but being a Verizon customer and having no intention of ending that happy marriage for one exclusively AT&T device! Glad they worked that out for me! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I too used to be an anti-Apple guy. But I know my disdain for the company was purely due to my desire to own an iPhone but being a Verizon customer and having no intention of ending that happy marriage for one exclusively AT&T device! Glad they worked that out for me!

I think "patient zero", began from this. Back then, I had never thought that a wonderful device such as the new touchscreen iPhone was going to be bashed by someone with a flip phone - that guy was on Verizon - I was called a sheep before android or any other phone had touch screens. Afterwards, I was attacked with one iPhone "killer" after another. So defending my choice at every gathering against an android fanboy ultimately made me an apple fanboy. I shoulda just let it go.

Last edited:

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Android does not lag on Nexus devices and if you think so then you truly are an iSheep if you think the iPhone has NEVER EVER lagged then yes, you are an iSheep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually still have my 4S from Nov.2011, and I'm just considering upgrading to the 5C next month. I'd like to, but at the same time I'm on the fence about it because I love my 4S, it runs flawless and iOS7 just made it that much more great to me for my needs:) SO, come next month I may just by-pass upgrading again (as did the 5) and wait till next year for the next new phone....idk. I'm not under any pressure to jump because I'm in a happy place right now:D

This is a terrific response. I wish I were more like this, but I'm learning. Upgrading only when you need to is the most sensical and cost effective approach. I want to hang onto my 5 until I absolutely feel like I need to upgrade.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a terrific response. I wish I were more like this, but I'm learning. Upgrading only when you need to is the most sensical and cost effective approach. I want to hang onto my 5 until I absolutely feel like I need to upgrade.

I would have did the same but the iPhone is awesome in that it's resale value stays so high. I came back to iOS just last year so I was hyped for the 5S and I'll upgrade next year to the 6 but then keep the 6 till the 7 comes out.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed.
Droid- software updates spotty, unless nexus. So more smart in a way, want the newest software buy newer phone.
Apple- push ios7 sure free, but it makes the 4 unusable.

So bottom line droid puts software that works smoothly with hardware. Apple just says haha, like running windows 7 on a laptop that had XP original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Apple obviously wants you to buy their newest and greatest "shiny" items. The 4 is an old phone anyway. Most people that have iPhones, I'm sure have a 5 or newer. Now, there are probably a lot of people that have 4S, 4's, and even the 3GS. But those phones are years old and can't run iOS 7.

I never got the update as quickly whenever I had any of my androids. It seemed as if some phones would get them and some wouldn't. Or at least there were different dates for different phones and carriers. Apple makes it simple. They made iOS 7 OTA for everybody and it was simply a click of a button for me. Then I had to wait nearly 5 hours, but it eventually got there.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would have did the same but the iPhone is awesome in that it's resale value stays so high. I came back to iOS just last year so I was hyped for the 5S and I'll upgrade next year to the 6 but then keep the 6 till the 7 comes out.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Exactly what I said in a different thread. I'll never upgrade to "S" devices. The next numbered iPhone will have design changes, hardware changes, everything. At least they have in the past. I wasn't even excited for the new iPhones to come out. I was just looking forward to iOS 7. Now I just have a whole other year to wait for the 6 and iOS 8.

_X_

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think updates are over rated. I'd much prefer to have a device with older software that works great, than older hardware with performance issues.

With any platform it's a crapshoot whether the upgrade will be better or cause more problems.

My wife refuses to upgrade regardless if it's an os update or an app. I laugh at her behavior, but then again she never complains about performance issues.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I had Android only because I left ATT and Sprint did have the iPhone at the time. The update experience was horrible. I had the EVO 3D that shipped with Gingerbread and was supposed to be optimized to run Ice Cream Sandwich but it took over a year for the EVO to get the update by that time I was back on IPhone.
I was back on iPhone for months and would peep in the Android forums and folks were still waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich . By the time they got Ice Cream Sandwich the EVO 3D was EOL. Time period 1 year.
So then a person is kinda forced to upgrade the phone. Someone using a 3GS since 2009 maybe in that position now after 4 plus years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR