one year old iPhone > one year old Android?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be cool but switching phone every year.. Think that's to fast I still have my 5 since last oct and love it still not gonna upgrade till probably iPhone 6

I guess it's all got to do with finance and priorities. For me as a treat, I get myself an iPhone every year. I had to choose between a new MacBook or iPhone. The mac was just way out of my budget. So I went along with the iPhone 5s.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Man I thought this thread was going to derail quick like Miley Cyrus but to my delight it's a much more stable Selena Gomez hahaha.

The nexus devices for me are as close as it comes to being the iPhone of the Androidverse.

There's already speculation going around at the "Kit Kat" forums on AC on which devices will be getting it and there's questions as to whether the Galaxy S3 and some of last years flagships will even get it! Now I hope that's not true but that's exactly the reason I left Android you're never certain if your phone is going to be supported a year down the road.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
One thing I noticed.
Droid- software updates spotty, unless nexus. So more smart in a way, want the newest software buy newer phone.
Apple- push ios7 sure free, but it makes the 4 unusable.

So bottom line droid puts software that works smoothly with hardware. Apple just says haha, like running windows 7 on a laptop that had XP original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I love that Apple supports the new and last few generations of their devices and it's economical because you don't have to buy new hardware to be current!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I love that Apple supports the new and last few generations of their devices and it's economical because you don't have to buy new hardware to be current!

This is why if I end up with a 5C it won't be the end of the world. Will probably get support through 2015 at minimum I figure.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing I can't stand about android is it's lack of user friendly habits.
And the whole updating thing. If I bought a samsung galaxy s 3, then the new samsung came out a year later , it would be a drag trying to update the phone. Some features won't work as efficiently on the older device. Unlike with apple , my old iPhone 5 works seamlessly with iOS 7. That's something samsung gotta work on.

So agree, one biggest +'s Apple has is the updates, on other brands waiting for carriers to release updates are the worst.

mainevent3405

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Nexus 4 running the latest 4.3

Sit down son.

And just how smooth is it running? The Nexus 4 was the last Android phone I owned (After having owned every top Android Tmo sold since cupcake). Purchased it launch day directly from google. I won't even get into the how the phone ran after having it for the first 3 months.

Anyone that has used/owned both any Android phone and an iPhone canNOT "honestly" say that the Android system runs better than the Iphone. It would simply be a flat out lie. Straight up without all the tweaks, changes, rom swaps, over/under clocking etc...it's not even close. EVERY Android phone will lag at some point if you own it long enough! If you say I'm lying than you are just as big of an Android fan boy than any so-called "isheep" has ever been!

Funny thing is most android users that talk negatively about iphone users and our loyalty to our brand has never even used/owned an iphone lol. I should know...I was one of them! :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah boi!!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Per Wikipedia (wasn't going to do an in depth search) the first iPhone 4 was released on June 24, 2010 and here we are heading toward 2014 and it supports the latest greatest version of iOS!! You'll be good for quite some time with a 5C! :D

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

It?s amazing that my iPhone 4s only lacks airdrop. It even got the filters before taking the picture. What else am I missing?

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well like one generation of Android phones... sgs3 --> sgs4. One generation of apple phones, 5 --> 5s.

Both still relevant, both still great phones.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well like one generation of Android phones... sgs3 --> sgs4. One generation of apple phones, 5 --> 5s.

Both still relevant, both still great phones.

True but when the new Android software comes out it likely won't stretch beyond SGS3 if that far (minus root). iOS went back 3 or 4 generations (depending on how you count) by default. That, in and of itself, is enough to make me stop switching between the two platforms and to stop looking altogether.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Threads like these are why the term "iSheep" exists. As an Android user reading this just made me groan. I can t ell you all of my friend's one year old Android devices are up to date. And my 2 year old device is up to date. I have other select words I'll keep to myself.

Apparently only iPhone people can be "sheep." When the BBX phones dropped, the CB forums were full of people selling off old phones, body parts and government secrets to get their hands on a phone full price since their contracts weren't up yet.

​Pot. Meet. Kettle.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Apparently only iPhone people can be "sheep." When the BBX phones dropped, the CB forums were full of people selling off old phones, body parts and government secrets to get their hands on a phone full price since their contracts weren't up yet.

​Pot. Meet. Kettle.

I don't get it, is that directed at me?

That's a point though, but everyone thinks BB is dead anyway so that sector is pretty much ignored. The Crackberry die hards are just a single-minded as any other "fanboy" is. Every OS/OEM has them. Can't tell you how annoying the arguments over the Moto X were. The point is people get in a dander when one doesn't fairly represent another's device of choice, or one disagrees with another in an effort to make one's choice look superior. To what end? At the end of the day it's probably one of the dumbest things to get worked up about.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used phones of many makes, models, and os's....blackberry (pre-bb10), android, iphone, WP7...so when I speak of my likes/dislikes, wants, needs, opnions, etc., I like to think they carry a just, fair representation of each phone/os/etc. If you are going to tell someone why their phone of choice "sucks", then tell them why from your experience you think that way....BUT don't expect anyone to change their opinion just because you say so....and no Armada, this is not directed at you, but just going off of what you said above.

I enjoy talking about my experiences with each device, and I will gladly tell you the pros and cons, what I liked and what drove me crazy!

The OP may have been taking an shot, but they may not have as well. the OP did ask if Android is the same way....so who knows.

I can't stand when people take a little thing and turn it into something it shouldn't be. Everyone is allowed to like whatever they want to like, and this is why we have such a great selection to choose from when it comes to a smart phone.

Armada...it was nice of you to apologize and clear the air. It was very refreshing to see someone react the way you did. Well played.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Armada...it was nice of you to apologize and clear the air. It was very refreshing to see someone react the way you did. Well played.

I've been meaning to post the same thing but keep forgetting. Ha. Very refreshing indeed. It's outstanding when folks of differing opinions, likes & dislikes can come together and have a civil discussion about our smartphone (or anything for that matter) of choice.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

That's a point though, but everyone thinks BB is dead anyway so that sector is pretty much ignored. The Crackberry die hards are just a single-minded as any other "fanboy" is. Every OS/OEM has them. Can't tell you how annoying the arguments over the Moto X were. The point is people get in a dander when one doesn't fairly represent another's device of choice, or one disagrees with another in an effort to make one's choice look superior. To what end? At the end of the day it's probably one of the dumbest things to get worked up about.

I just find it funny that BB supporters call iPhone users "sheep" for our "blind" loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone so don't expect Tolstoy

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

It is stupid.
Let's start forums for something else that's an integral part of our lives, that most of us wouldn't leave home without.
Something that's with us 24/7.
Underwear.
The Hanes fans can call the fruit of the loom fans Sweaty Fruit Salad Packers.
The fruit of the loom fans can call the Hanes fans Han Jobbers.
They can argue about thread count, stitching, elastic waist bands, breathability, stain resistance, boxers vs briefs, and whatever else they can think of, over & over & over for years.

Ridiculous? Yes.
But that's exactly what some people do now. ;)

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Everybody knows that 600 count green briefs are the best! If you don't agree you are all just a bunch of ipoops ! lol.

I have used both IOS. And android. They both have there good and bad. I am back with apple and waiting for a 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice