One thing I can't stand about android is it's lack of user friendly habits.
    And the whole updating thing. If I bought a samsung galaxy s 3, then the new samsung came out a year later , it would be a drag trying to update the phone. Some features won't work as efficiently on the older device. Unlike with apple , my old iPhone 5 works seamlessly with iOS 7. That's something samsung gotta work on.
    So agree, one biggest +'s Apple has is the updates, on other brands waiting for carriers to release updates are the worst.
    09-30-2013 12:46 AM
    Yes. Nexus 4 running the latest 4.3

Sit down son.
    And just how smooth is it running? The Nexus 4 was the last Android phone I owned (After having owned every top Android Tmo sold since cupcake). Purchased it launch day directly from google. I won't even get into the how the phone ran after having it for the first 3 months.

Anyone that has used/owned both any Android phone and an iPhone canNOT "honestly" say that the Android system runs better than the Iphone. It would simply be a flat out lie. Straight up without all the tweaks, changes, rom swaps, over/under clocking etc...it's not even close. EVERY Android phone will lag at some point if you own it long enough! If you say I'm lying than you are just as big of an Android fan boy than any so-called "isheep" has ever been!

Funny thing is most android users that talk negatively about iphone users and our loyalty to our brand has never even used/owned an iphone lol. I should know...I was one of them! :-)
    tekjunkie28 and Tpence2177 like this.
    09-30-2013 01:54 AM
    This is why if I end up with a 5C it won't be the end of the world. Will probably get support through 2015 at minimum I figure.
    At least through 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-30-2013 05:07 AM
    At least through 2015!

Yeah boi!!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    09-30-2013 05:10 AM
    Yeah boi!!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    Per Wikipedia (wasn't going to do an in depth search) the first iPhone 4 was released on June 24, 2010 and here we are heading toward 2014 and it supports the latest greatest version of iOS!! You'll be good for quite some time with a 5C!

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-30-2013 05:21 AM
    I love that Apple supports the new and last few generations of their devices and it's economical because you don't have to buy new hardware to be current!

Its amazing that my iPhone 4s only lacks airdrop. It even got the filters before taking the picture. What else am I missing?
    09-30-2013 11:04 AM
    Well like one generation of Android phones... sgs3 --> sgs4. One generation of apple phones, 5 --> 5s.

Both still relevant, both still great phones.
    09-30-2013 01:06 PM
    Well like one generation of Android phones... sgs3 --> sgs4. One generation of apple phones, 5 --> 5s.

Both still relevant, both still great phones.
    True but when the new Android software comes out it likely won't stretch beyond SGS3 if that far (minus root). iOS went back 3 or 4 generations (depending on how you count) by default. That, in and of itself, is enough to make me stop switching between the two platforms and to stop looking altogether.
    09-30-2013 01:16 PM
    Threads like these are why the term "iSheep" exists. As an Android user reading this just made me groan. I can t ell you all of my friend's one year old Android devices are up to date. And my 2 year old device is up to date. I have other select words I'll keep to myself.
    Apparently only iPhone people can be "sheep." When the BBX phones dropped, the CB forums were full of people selling off old phones, body parts and government secrets to get their hands on a phone full price since their contracts weren't up yet.

​Pot. Meet. Kettle.
    09-30-2013 02:14 PM
    Apparently only iPhone people can be "sheep." When the BBX phones dropped, the CB forums were full of people selling off old phones, body parts and government secrets to get their hands on a phone full price since their contracts weren't up yet.

​Pot. Meet. Kettle.
    I don't get it, is that directed at me?

That's a point though, but everyone thinks BB is dead anyway so that sector is pretty much ignored. The Crackberry die hards are just a single-minded as any other "fanboy" is. Every OS/OEM has them. Can't tell you how annoying the arguments over the Moto X were. The point is people get in a dander when one doesn't fairly represent another's device of choice, or one disagrees with another in an effort to make one's choice look superior. To what end? At the end of the day it's probably one of the dumbest things to get worked up about.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    09-30-2013 03:14 PM
    I have used phones of many makes, models, and os's....blackberry (pre-bb10), android, iphone, WP7...so when I speak of my likes/dislikes, wants, needs, opnions, etc., I like to think they carry a just, fair representation of each phone/os/etc. If you are going to tell someone why their phone of choice "sucks", then tell them why from your experience you think that way....BUT don't expect anyone to change their opinion just because you say so....and no Armada, this is not directed at you, but just going off of what you said above.

I enjoy talking about my experiences with each device, and I will gladly tell you the pros and cons, what I liked and what drove me crazy!

The OP may have been taking an shot, but they may not have as well. the OP did ask if Android is the same way....so who knows.

I can't stand when people take a little thing and turn it into something it shouldn't be. Everyone is allowed to like whatever they want to like, and this is why we have such a great selection to choose from when it comes to a smart phone.

Armada...it was nice of you to apologize and clear the air. It was very refreshing to see someone react the way you did. Well played.
    djjohnson likes this.
    09-30-2013 03:50 PM
    Armada...it was nice of you to apologize and clear the air. It was very refreshing to see someone react the way you did. Well played.
    I've been meaning to post the same thing but keep forgetting. Ha. Very refreshing indeed. It's outstanding when folks of differing opinions, likes & dislikes can come together and have a civil discussion about our smartphone (or anything for that matter) of choice.
    jburke82 and djjohnson like this.
    09-30-2013 04:02 PM

That's a point though, but everyone thinks BB is dead anyway so that sector is pretty much ignored. The Crackberry die hards are just a single-minded as any other "fanboy" is. Every OS/OEM has them. Can't tell you how annoying the arguments over the Moto X were. The point is people get in a dander when one doesn't fairly represent another's device of choice, or one disagrees with another in an effort to make one's choice look superior. To what end? At the end of the day it's probably one of the dumbest things to get worked up about.
    I just find it funny that BB supporters call iPhone users "sheep" for our "blind" loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone so don't expect Tolstoy
    09-30-2013 04:06 PM

It is stupid.
    Let's start forums for something else that's an integral part of our lives, that most of us wouldn't leave home without.
    Something that's with us 24/7.
    Underwear.
    The Hanes fans can call the fruit of the loom fans Sweaty Fruit Salad Packers.
    The fruit of the loom fans can call the Hanes fans Han Jobbers.
    They can argue about thread count, stitching, elastic waist bands, breathability, stain resistance, boxers vs briefs, and whatever else they can think of, over & over & over for years.

Ridiculous? Yes.
    But that's exactly what some people do now.
    kch50428, Alik Malix and djjohnson like this.
    09-30-2013 05:12 PM
    Everybody knows that 600 count green briefs are the best! If you don't agree you are all just a bunch of ipoops ! lol.

I have used both IOS. And android. They both have there good and bad. I am back with apple and waiting for a 5S.
    09-30-2013 05:30 PM
    I get bored with my 5 after a while (bought it launch day) and I often end up posting a ad on craigslist for a direct swap for a HTC ONE or GS4.

I have aout 5 to 10 people hit me up each time.

Some of their phones are less than 3 months old and I tell them in advance "I don't have APPLECARE, MY WARRANTY HAS EXPIRED"

And they don't even care, they're like "Well does it look beat up? I don't mind the warranty not being there"

Every single time....

I end up declining the trade due to resale value and thinking I'm making a mistake. Keep my iphone 5.
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-30-2013 07:10 PM
    It is stupid.
    Let's start forums for something else that's an integral part of our lives, that most of us wouldn't leave home without.
    Something that's with us 24/7.
    Underwear.
    The Hanes fans can call the fruit of the loom fans Sweaty Fruit Salad Packers.
    The fruit of the loom fans can call the Hanes fans Han Jobbers.
    They can argue about thread count, stitching, elastic waist bands, breathability,stain resistance , boxers vs briefs, and whatever else they can think of, over & over & over for years.

Ridiculous? Yes.
    But that's exactly what some people do now.
    Bolded above what I think is the single most important thing I've learned from this thread
    Last edited by Dog5000; 09-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    09-30-2013 07:25 PM
    And just how smooth is it running? The Nexus 4 was the last Android phone I owned (After having owned every top Android Tmo sold since cupcake). Purchased it launch day directly from google. I won't even get into the how the phone ran after having it for the first 3 months.

Anyone that has used/owned both any Android phone and an iPhone canNOT "honestly" say that the Android system runs better than the Iphone. It would simply be a flat out lie. Straight up without all the tweaks, changes, rom swaps, over/under clocking etc...it's not even close. EVERY Android phone will lag at some point if you own it long enough! If you say I'm lying than you are just as big of an Android fan boy than any so-called "isheep" has ever been!

Funny thing is most android users that talk negatively about iphone users and our loyalty to our brand has never even used/owned an iphone lol. I should know...I was one of them! :-)
    It's freaking fast as always.

I'll have you know i've owned every iPhone from the 3GS up. BLiNK knows this, I have shown him proof.
    09-30-2013 09:43 PM
    I love that Apple supports the new and last few generations of their devices and it's economical because you don't have to buy new hardware to be current!

You should have a look at the Nexus lineup. They are amazing.
    09-30-2013 09:45 PM
    You should have a look at the Nexus lineup. They are amazing.
    To be honest I really want a Nexus 5 (I own a Galaxy Nexus right now) but I can't fit the initial cost ($300+tax+sim kit+prepaid service) into my budget right now. And that's assuming it's actually going to launch at $300. So the 5C is a steal at $80 (thanks Walmart) and $190 for the 5S might be the best cost:value ratio. That's why I'm here: to do the research. I'm liking what I see. In the end, I need a phone that works for me so I can't just go making a bad decision.
    09-30-2013 09:53 PM
    To be honest I really want a Nexus 5 (I own a Galaxy Nexus right now) but I can't fit the initial cost ($300+tax+sim kit+prepaid service) into my budget right now. And that's assuming it's actually going to launch at $300. So the 5C is a steal at $80 (thanks Walmart) and $190 for the 5S might be the best cost:value ratio. That's why I'm here: to do the research. I'm liking what I see. In the end, I need a phone that works for me so I can't just go making a bad decision.
    Which is why I chose the nexus 4. Very interested in it but blew my money on a iPhone 5 and Nexus 4.
    09-30-2013 10:00 PM

Yup! So true! My best friend was EXTREMELY anti apple. (Probably doesn't help that I steered him that way years ago). I too didn't like it, however I had tried it. I had iPod touch 1-4 and iPad 1. Originally I did love it, however sprint never got it. I ended up getting a palm pre, than a windows phone, than an android phone. After bad experiences with the iPad and realizing the lack of features on my iPad, I left apple and said I would never look back... Or so I thought. No phone satisfied me. Lag, bad battery life or not great user experiences bothered me. I hated android before I tried it. (I was a much more avid hater of android than I was iOS) but I tried it because I love technology and don't like to bash something I didn't try. At first I liked androids customizations. I did hate all android pre-Ice cream sandwich but ics and jelly bean were a whole new ball game. I loved it for a while. Unfortunately, the ics update for my phone (which came out a year after the phone was released and 9 months after the update was available to manufacturers) was HORRIBLE! I had friends with ics who had better versions than me. It went downhill from here. I had to root just to get a good working version of ics because samsungs version looked like someone slapped ics on top of gingerbread and didn't do any optimization. Rooting drive me crazy and I was frustrated with the decaying quality of my phone. And the apps.... Don't get me started. Spam, malware, and bad quality apps. I download a top rated game that's featured and get 3 other apps on my phone subsequently without installing them myself??? I hate windows for this very reason and didn't want to deal with it on my phone too!! I thought about getting an s3 but then decided I would get an iPhone and try it out in hopes of something better. Not looking back anytime soon. Never owned an iPhone and boy do I love it. Afterwords my girlfriend switched, got my mom to switch, and my anti-apple best friend to switch. He thanked me several times for showing him the light lol. His perception of apple was very wrong and he now loves his phone. Also got my three brothers waiting for upgrades to get the iPhone 5s. You miss out when you don't try things and man am I glad I did! So is everyone else who I got to switch :-)

I don't think android itself is bad, but I don't think google handles it properly either. It needs to be harder on carriers, manufacturers and developers. I am no fan of windows on pc (I use it because there's not a great alternative yet) but windows phone has shown what licensing should be like. Manufactures and carriers are in check even despite the various phones. (At least it was when I had windows phone. All they need to work on is updates lasting for longer than a year as no windows phone 7 phone was updates to windows phone 8. Then again, that could just be greedy Microsoft. After all, they do charge you to watch Netflix on your xbox on top of your Netflix subscription!
    swarlos and mumfoau like this.
    10-01-2013 12:46 AM
    To be honest, I too used to be an anti-Apple guy. But I know my disdain for the company was purely due to my desire to own an iPhone but being a Verizon customer and having no intention of ending that happy marriage for one exclusively AT&T device! Glad they worked that out for me!

10-01-2013 05:27 AM
    To be honest, I too used to be an anti-Apple guy. But I know my disdain for the company was purely due to my desire to own an iPhone but being a Verizon customer and having no intention of ending that happy marriage for one exclusively AT&T device! Glad they worked that out for me!
    I think "patient zero", began from this. Back then, I had never thought that a wonderful device such as the new touchscreen iPhone was going to be bashed by someone with a flip phone - that guy was on Verizon - I was called a sheep before android or any other phone had touch screens. Afterwards, I was attacked with one iPhone "killer" after another. So defending my choice at every gathering against an android fanboy ultimately made me an apple fanboy. I shoulda just let it go.
    Last edited by Alik Malix; 10-01-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    10-01-2013 11:06 AM

Android does not lag on Nexus devices and if you think so then you truly are an iSheep if you think the iPhone has NEVER EVER lagged then yes, you are an iSheep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    _X_ likes this.
    10-01-2013 04:18 PM
87 1234