White screen with black Apple Logo?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been using ios 7 since beta one on my device and with the release I updated my wife's 5 to ios 7 too.

With her phone now, when she holds down power and home to reboot the device, she gets a white screen with a black apple logo, where I (and my co-workers on ios 7) get a black screen with a white logo.

It's just concerning me that something is not quite right with my wife's phone and I'll need to do a restore.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to be that way. Black iPhones show a black screen with a white apple and white iPhones show inverted.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
It's supposed to be that way. Black iPhones show a black screen with a white apple and white iPhones show inverted.

Yea mine and my wife's phones do the same thing. I think it's intentional on apples part.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's supposed to be like that? Was it that way in iOS6 and I just never noticed or is it "new" is iOS7?

Wow, I feel like a noob. Wow..

Thanks.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
It's supposed to be like that? Was it that way in iOS6 and I just never noticed or is it "new" is iOS7?

Wow, I feel like a noob. Wow..

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's new for ios 7. I frequently troubleshoot my wife's phone and didn't notice it until the update. She has the white and I have the black.

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
its okay your not alone and at least you asked here. i asked at the apple store because my moms phone did that! haha

ZephyraW

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
My iPad Air (IOS 7.0.4.) is doing the same crazily. Tried to restore to factory setting with iTunes but failed. Just called Apple and set up an appointment with Genius Bar on coming Sat. Hope they can fix it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

That's cool I actually did not know that.. Now I want to see the loading screen on the black iPhone

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your color phone white gets white black gets black .. 5c gets black

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ellah

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
RE: My S5 screen has turned into black & white

Hii
Please help. My Samsung Galaxy S5 screen has turned from the original screen into black and white, how do I go back to my original screen.

tijabi

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
iPhone resets itself throughout the day when I'm using it.

When I am using main apps email, text, etc... My phone freezes about 4 seconds and then resets. Anyone else?

French Fries 28

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone resets itself throughout the day when I'm using it.

I am using a black iPhone 5s on iOS 9.3.3 and just today I restored it with iTunes and it now boots up with a white screen with a black apple logo.

Eleanor Reeks

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Having a black logo on a white background is perfectly normal but does anyone know how to change it from around e.g from a black background with a white logo to a white background with a black logo?!?
Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Having a black logo on a white background is perfectly normal but does anyone know how to change it from around e.g from a black background with a white logo to a white background with a black logo?!?
Thanks!

The color of the background is determined by what color the front bezel is on your device. Black bezel devices get a black background with white logo; white bezel devices get a white background with black logo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner